Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

2011 Armada Platinum Rear Liftgate issues

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Katcon 
#1 ·
I have searched the forums but can't find a problem identical to mine. When I try to open the rear powered liftgate it beeps like normal and you can hear it try and open but it just unlatches and stalls out. I have tried using both the outside handle, remote switch and inside console button but all do the same thing. I have verified the rear window is closed all the way as well since others had that issue. Could it be the motor? Lift struts/shocks? I also get the beeping noise after washing it that several on here have reported so could water have gotten into the motor and shorted it out? It sounds like the motor tries to open the gate but then stops. HELP!

#4 ·
Check the glass. I know if the glass is unlatched the power liftgate motor will not work. Could be a bad sensor there as well. Should be warranty unless you are past mileage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.com App

#5 ·
I did double check the rear glass and it's seems to be closed. When you lift up on the rear handle it beeps like normal, you can hear the motor start to work and then it stops and doesn't lift the gate at all. It's like the motor isn't strong enough or stalls out. It is just out of warranty or I would take it to the dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.