Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Nissan armada starter

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  armadatw 
#1 ·
Hi,

Currently I am in Taiwan and we do not have Armada parts. The starter on my armada broke and was wondering if there are any other compatible Nissan vehicles starters I can use instead. For example they do have Murano and Rogue parts, wondering if the starter for any of these two will also fit the armada.

Waiting for a shipment from the US is an option but the Nissan dealer is not very helpful and been struggling for two weeks already.

Thinking about flying to Hong Kong or Japan even to get the part!! Could be quicker than waiting for the part to be shipped from the US.

Any advice or information appreciated.

Thanks,

#4 ·
option!

What I would do is take the starter out? (which is the pain in the ***) and bring it to a starter/alternator rebuild shop. Most of the time that a starter goes out its just the brushes that get worned down. They should be able to match a brush with it. They will take it apart clean it up make sure the windings are good then put it back together. Normally around US$100 to rebuild. Or you can order online not sure if there able to send to thailand though. I just checked with Rockauto.com and they'll ship to thailand. but shipping is almost a hundred bucks. and the part is like under 200. Thats a lot cheaper than flying. I can try to guide you how to pull the starter out if needed. Its pretty painful on the armada. Crap design IMO.

#5 ·
You have to pull the whole intake manifold and everything around it to get to the starter, not an easy job.

#6 ·
yes sir

yes sir that is a pain in the @$$. When I did mine though it was taken apart for like 2 days as i just got my starter rebuilt. Had a year warranty compared to the 90 day warranty the auto parts store was offering and it was cheaper. Mine had a bad solenoid though. Remember when you pull the intake manifold out though to place a rag or cardboard box over the intake holes so you dont drop anything into the engine. Good luck!!!

#8 ·
Welcome to CA armadatw!

The Murano starter will not work. Below are the part numbers for the Armada and the Murano.

Flex Fuel Armada Starter
Manufacturer: Genuine Nissan Parts
Illustration: Armada Parts (TA60) 2004-2010
Product SKU: 23300-TA60002

Standard Fuel Armada Starter
Manufacturer: Genuine Nissan Parts
Illustration: Armada Parts (TA60) 2004-2010
Product SKU: 23300-TA60001

Murano 2003-2007 V-6
Manufacturer: Nissan
Illustration: 233 Starter Motor
Product SKU: 23300-Z50001

#9 ·
Thanks all for the information.
After weeks of asking and looking around... No luck! Nobody knows where to get the part for an Armada because it is not sold in Asia. So I contemplated flying back to the states but was lucky enough to have a friend send one over.

Hopefully I keep my Armada in good condition. I guess the inconvenience for parts etc is what I have to pay for may vanity!!!

No one in Taiwan (maybe 3 others) has an Armada and I love showing it off!!!

Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.