VDC light, brake and slip light all on??? - Page 3 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #21 of 28 Old 02-05-2009, 12:35 PM
BlakSpyda
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I have not had the brake problem since they performed a reprogram of the ECM based on the TSB.
http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase/links/200

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old 02-20-2010, 05:05 AM
G35 Mass
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If I can chime in:

Infiniti G35 driver here. (Possible soon-to-be Armada or QX driver)

Hanging out on G35driver.com for several years, I've never seen this problem NOT resolved by topping off the brake fluid, including both times I had all three lights come on simultaneously. Without fail, there's a weekly thread started by a panicking G35 driver who got all three lights on at once. To keep up the fail-less resolution, they're convinced to top off their brake fluid reservoir and their blood pressure quickly returns to normal.

Seems like the brake fluid reservoirs on Nissans aren't big enough to compensate for the additional fluid needed when the pads are getting worn down and the piston is staying further out of the caliper.
post #23 of 28 Old 02-20-2010, 03:38 PM
BlakSpyda
SHIFT_Moderator

Welcome to the club G35 Mass!

Thanks for the input and insight! I personally experienced this and more often than not it is the brake fluid, but then there are all the other things that it could be when the fluid isn't the culrit.

post #24 of 28 Old 04-02-2011, 04:59 PM
ludwing85
SHIFT_Lurker

i have the same issue can some one help
post #25 of 28 Old 09-19-2012, 12:59 AM
RUN2
SHIFT_Newbie

I have had this issue happen with the lights a few weeks ago, but I was unable to reproduce it. Now tonight as I was taking an on ramp to the freeway all three lights lit up at the same time. This time I noticed that I was accelerating around a tight turn.

A few miles down the road I took my exit, stopped at the light and shut the vehicle off. Restarted all the lights were off and everything looked normal. Having a feeling that accelerating around the turn caused the issue I tried to reproduce it by making to turns under medium throttle. Voilà the lights lit up.

So this would make sense that the brake fluid could be causing the issue as it would run to one side of the reservoir.

I will be topping off the brake fluid and watching things closely. Thanks for everyones input on all the topics here. This forum has been indispensable for me over the years.

Are You In Too?
post #26 of 28 Old 09-26-2012, 11:34 AM
BlakSpyda
SHIFT_Moderator

Welcome ludwing85!

post #27 of 28 Old 09-29-2012, 08:20 AM
ToyHauler
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Run2,

After you verified that your fluid level is correct, you will want to have someone scan your ABS computer for codes. The code listed will point you to the circuit failure. Keep in mind different codes require different fixes. A Nissan tech told me that those three lights are the default warning lights for ANY brake failure detected by the ABS ECU.

ToyHauler

2006 Nissan Armada LE 2WD
Silver/Graphite
"The New Toy Hauler"
post #28 of 28 Old 12-18-2012, 05:30 PM
WIKID S4TEEN
SHIFT_Lurker

I too am having this issue. Thanks for everyones input.
I'll check it out and report back!

EDIT: Today 1/3/2013.
I replaced pads and flushed brake fluid (Confirmed it was low) about 2 weeks ago.
It has not done it no more =)
THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!

Last edited by WIKID S4TEEN; 01-03-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode