Clock won't stay set, and radio problem? - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #1 of 5 Old 03-23-2014, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
mdsi94
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Clock won't stay set, and radio problem?

2011 Armada, no Nav...

Every time the car is started, the clock resets to 11:08. In addition, the radio always returns to a specific track on one of the CD's.

I tried disconnecting the batter for 30 minutes, but all it did was change the time that the clock reset to every time the car is started.

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-23-2014, 03:56 PM
scr38
SHIFT_Administrator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)

Have a load test done on the battery. If the voltage drops too low when starting it could cause this problem.

2004 Armada SE, Throttle body coolant bypass, Grounding kit, modified Volant CAI with Amsoil dry element, custom engine cover, trailer brake controller, Michelin M/S2s, custom lower grill, Silver Star headlights, Bilstein HD shocks, Power Stop Drilled/Slotted Rotors, ceramic pads, Goodridge SS brake lines, interior and back-up LEDs, PLM transmission pan, trans radiator cooler by-passed, all Amsoil synthetic lubricants, Nismo headers, custom 3" SS exhaust system with high flow metallic core cats, UpRev tuner version, 318 rear wheel HP.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-31-2014, 04:44 PM
mikeCSU
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My clock doesn't reset to any noticeable time consistently, but the time on the clock is always off(anywhere from a few minutes to multiple hours). Every time I reset it it's only a matter of hours to maybe days before it's off again. I only drive my car a few times a month, and normally only a 30 minute to an hour round trip. Not sure if that could have anything to do with it. If you find a solution I'd love to hear it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-31-2014, 05:51 PM
Campfamily
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeCSU View Post
My clock doesn't reset to any noticeable time consistently, but the time on the clock is always off(anywhere from a few minutes to multiple hours). Every time I reset it it's only a matter of hours to maybe days before it's off again. I only drive my car a few times a month, and normally only a 30 minute to an hour round trip. Not sure if that could have anything to do with it. If you find a solution I'd love to hear it!
These are the classic symptoms of a battery that is not fully charged. Since your vehicle sits a lot, recommend you purchase a trickle charger for the battery. I use the Battery Tender Plus, available on Amazon for about $50.

- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 15 Ford Focus Electric (commuter car)
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 70,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
post #5 of 5 Old 03-31-2014, 06:17 PM
mikeCSU
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfamily View Post
These are the classic symptoms of a battery that is not fully charged. Since your vehicle sits a lot, recommend you purchase a trickle charger for the battery. I use the Battery Tender Plus, available on Amazon for about $50.
I wondered about that. Will definitely give it a try. Thank you!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode