Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Tires,Tires,Tires

99K views 155 replies 68 participants last post by  allmotor 
#1 ·
Finally did it! Bought new tires to replace the stock contis on the QX56. After agonizing over Mich vs BFG and trying to get as close to stock as I could. I ordered a set of Toyo Proxy ST 305-60/18. Wow! the tires are 12 inches wide, (stock is 10 inches) so they just fit, with no modifications. They look really aggressive and great! Believe it or not the mileage on a long-trip just this weekend went up from 15 mph to 16 mph!

I put these tires on the wife's Murano as was really impressed so needless to say when I check out www.powerdog.com and the the 305-60/18 was very close to stock I was excited. After being worried about the widith issue when we were done mounting them they are da bomb!

#152 ·
I think 275/70r18's was what I thought about going with because of the prices.

#153 ·
I bought my Armada used with the gun metal 2014 pro 4x wheels on it. Those wheels come stock with 275/70/18 on them. So, if you are thinking of getting that size, I say go for it. That is what I am currently running.

It is awesome. The tires just feel right and the BFGoodrich I have looks a bit aggressive. I like it. Though the tires wear out pretty quick, as I have been told. As for me, I have about 17,000 miles on them so far and still have some good thread.

#155 ·
Bearing blocks are gone or rear brakes are gone. If the bearing blocks are worn out, since they come from nissan with about 3 drops of grease in them, they triple the wear rate of the brakes. If you have over 75k miles, all 4 wheel bearing blocks need to be replaced. Another thing nissan doesn't do, is apply antiseize to the brake caliper slider pins which keep the calipers applying and releasing pressure equally. Mandatory at every brake job. If the pins and sleeves are not antiseized, the pistons apply pressure unequally and vastly accelerate the wear of the pads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.