Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

qx56 code po430

19K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  gmans 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 qx56 95000 miles getting code po430 car is running fine just has service engine light on and code stored any ideas I know it points to bad cats but seems if cat was bad or clogged car would run funny think I should change of sensor first or is this a waste of money need suggestions thanks

#2 ·
Right primary cat or O2 sensor is bad. The cat is part of the manifold assembly, and is very expensive to change. Check the sensor first. You could switch the right and left O2 sensors Get the code cleared; if the 430 code comes back you have a bad right cat, if you get a 420 code the sensor that was originally on the right is bad.

#3 · (Edited)
If it is your cat, your car would not necessarily run bad.

Similar thing happened to my 2008 Maxima. The check engine came on at about 140,000 miles on ododmeter. Saying it was the cats. Exact same code you have. I ignored it because my car was driving fine. Then the light would disappear and go for like 200 miles or more and reappear. Well, I ignored the code. I am telling you that towards when my car got to 180,000 miles, my Maxima was performing and accelerating better than new. I am not kidding you.

Why? I never knew until I changed the cats finally when my Maxima was at 204,000 miles on odometer. I changed the cats and both oxygen sensors that the car has.

The cat that was bad was all gutted out. Over time, all the mesh had melted and is in the car somewhere or I may have got it out of the exhaust. The car was breathing very well at that time with the gutted out cat.

Here are my pictures to help you understand what I am saying.

http://my6thgen.org/f13/emiles-petitfreremaxima-17985/index10.html

#4 ·
Do you have extended warranty? Then you may get some help to fix this. If not, I think I have read here that it ranges from $1,200 to even close to $3,000 to pay to get that changed. Cheaper price is with non oem cat. The higher price is with oem cat and at dealership.

I hope you resolve your problem.

But I just know for a fact that if it is your cat, don't expect it will just run poorly. Based on my own experience, it actually ran better than stock. No kidding.

#6 ·
Right side is passenger side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.