scr38
SHIFT_Administrator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
scr38 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by canddmeyer
I've been viewing here for sometime while considering an Armada as a future vehicle. Admittedly, things can go wrong, but there are way too many aircon issues being posted on this thread and multiple others. I don't read them on any other manufacturers blogs, especially on recent production vehicles. What really sets it apart is I haven't had an aircon issue on any vehicle in 30+ years of driving probably over a million miles. There has got to be more to this than a clogged filter killing airflow.
You have to understand that most of the time you hear only problems here. People don't post if they aren't having a problem or asking a question.
As far as the Armada A/C operation, I have a 04 with 46,000 miles and have never had a A/C problem. We have hot weather here in south Texas, and I have never had a cooling problem, in 105 degree weather with 90+ humidity.
I have had very little problems, and except for routine fluid and filter changes and tire rotation, I haven't spent a cent for maintence.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 09-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by canddmeyer
I've been viewing here for sometime while considering an Armada as a future vehicle. Admittedly, things can go wrong, but there are way too many aircon issues being posted on this thread and multiple others. I don't read them on any other manufacturers blogs, especially on recent production vehicles. What really sets it apart is I haven't had an aircon issue on any vehicle in 30+ years of driving probably over a million miles. There has got to be more to this than a clogged filter killing airflow.
Hahaha!!! Keep hanging around buddy!!! This is the most problem free vehicle that I've owned other than my 3 - 300zx's and Mitsu Eclipse.

I'm sure I stand to be corrected but from what little I've seen, it appears to me that problems are posted here more than most other sites because people don't feel like they're going to be told simply to Search or Take it to the Dealer and let them figure it out. I've also noticed that these are much much easier to work on than most of today's vehicles so more technical questions get posted than most places where people silently take them to the shop for repairs. That's just from what I've seen while lurking a little on other sites while looking for one like here.

Also, keep in mind that you're always Welcome here regardless of what you decide to buy.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Pops; 09-05-2007 at 10:53 PM.
post #13 of 18 Old 09-10-2007, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
kenedytxarmada
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
kenedytxarmada is on a distinguished road
Ok, I took it in and the dealer said the high pressure pipe is leaking freon and oil at the solder point between the pipe and the fitting where it connects to the condenser. It appears to be a "1 in a million" issue when the pipe was made. The part is on order and should be in around three days.

The service tech said to put the pipe in they will need to remove the cowl with the windshield wipers and the power distribution box thats behind the battery to lift the pipe out........Seems like a fun job...

post #14 of 18 Old 10-23-2007, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
kenedytxarmada
SHIFT_Hardcore

Hey Folks, I finally got this problem fixed. The dealer replaced the high side pipe and the condenser. No more leaks...or evaporator freeze up.
post #15 of 18 Old 10-23-2007, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
kenedytxarmada
SHIFT_Hardcore

I had the pleasure of talking to the a/c tech for a few moments and he said these systems hold a small amount of freon and a leak of just a few ounces can cause evaporator freeze up and poor cooling performance. Also, the freon carries the oil that lubricates the compressor, so if the freon is low there will be a reduction of oil flow to the compressor and a chance for premature failure.

If you feel your system is leaking you should take it in and get it checked out. The leaks are easy to find, you just follow the a/c piping and hoses and look for any oil leaks ( the oil will leak out with the freon) at the joints or connections. The a/c oil will glow green under a black light.
post #16 of 18 Old 04-18-2008, 08:07 PM
1BadC10
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1BadC10 is on a distinguished road
Reviving and old thread...

I've read the original posts, and my AC issue is different. Blower blows fine at any speed, but seems at times the AC only blows hot. If I drive it around for about 30 minutes with the fan on full blast and temp set to 60, it eventually starts to blow cold again.

Any ideas? The dealer replaced the control head module, and recharged the system one week ago today. It worked fine until I was on my way home after stopping for an hour at a local driving range (golf). Armada is an '07 model with less than 10K miles on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2007 Armada SE - Family Hauler
post #17 of 18 Old 04-19-2008, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
kenedytxarmada
SHIFT_Hardcore

You may have a freon leak. It does not take much to lose a/c performance. Try and follow the a/c piping and look for oil residue at the connections

2014 Armada Platinum 4x4
2011 Titan SV 4x2
post #18 of 18 Old 04-21-2008, 01:17 PM
1BadC10
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1BadC10 is on a distinguished road
Dunno. Wife dropped the Armada off at the dealer this morning. The dealer put here in a rental (Mazda 6) from Enterprise. I'll check with them after work today regarding estimation on what they plan to look at, and how long it'll take until we get it back. Guess I'll update this thread or start a new one (didn't intend on hi-jackin' this one) to share experience.

*UPDATE*

Dealership Service Tech found (what seemed to be) a faulty connection with a in-cab sensor. The tech replaced the sensor anyway, and all is blowing cold as ice. I'll be driving the Armada to/from work for the rest of the week to ensure that the problem doesn't resurface. Guess we'll see.

2007 Armada SE - Family Hauler

Last edited by 1BadC10; 04-21-2008 at 08:24 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode