A/C not cold while idling - Page 10 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #91 of 95 Old 08-20-2010, 07:40 PM
RC340
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RC340 is on a distinguished road
James you gotta see if you are getting power to fan when a/c is on. When you say it clicks, what is clicking?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 95 Old 08-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Rumplecat
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Rumplecat is on a distinguished road
Garage
I will check it. I was referring to the test BCM Test when I was talking about the clicking.

James

2004 Armada SE Smoke 4x4, 2 Degree Advanced Timing, Air-Box Mod, K&N Drop In Filter, Active Tuning Grounding Kit, 6000K HID's, LED Interior and Exterior illumination, Chrome OEM Grille, Front Windows Tinted To Mach Back, V8 Emblems, LE Emblem, Big Tow Package, Prodigy Brake Controller, ScanGauge II, Microfilter, Qx56 Chrome Wheels/Steering Wheel, OEM Fog Lights, Back-Up Camera!
1976 Apache Trailer Hard-side Pop Up
post #93 of 95 Old 09-12-2010, 11:45 AM
jb2c
SHIFT_Newbie

jb2c is on a distinguished road
Just got an 08 QX56. Concerned about these posts on the a/c not cooling, so I tested it today. Results:

Fan on high for all but the last test. Recirculating mode for all tests. Outside temp was only 75d, so it was not a hot day.

54d after 8 minutes at idle
48.5d after 6 minutes at 1600rpm
47.0d after 5 minutes at idle (after the 1600rpms)
47.0d after 3 minutes at idle with fan setting at lowest

Not bad. I had thought it would go back up after I dropped it back to idle speed, but it actually went further down. Then I thought it would drop a bit more at low fan speed, but it stayed exactly the same.

My only complaint is that I wish it would cool faster during that first few minutes. That's when it's the most uncomfortable... when getting into a hot car. But I'd say the system is acceptable.

post #94 of 95 Old 09-12-2010, 05:10 PM
RC340
SHIFT_Hardcore

RC340 is on a distinguished road
Was coming home this afternoon and sat in traffic on expressway had a/c on and was blowing cold, I haven't done anything since the last item but it was cool out(65 degress). I'll worry about it next season
post #95 of 95 Old 09-12-2010, 06:47 PM
spta97
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
spta97 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb2c View Post
Just got an 08 QX56. Concerned about these posts on the a/c not cooling, so I tested it today. Results:

Fan on high for all but the last test. Recirculating mode for all tests. Outside temp was only 75d, so it was not a hot day.

54d after 8 minutes at idle
48.5d after 6 minutes at 1600rpm
47.0d after 5 minutes at idle (after the 1600rpms)
47.0d after 3 minutes at idle with fan setting at lowest

Not bad. I had thought it would go back up after I dropped it back to idle speed, but it actually went further down. Then I thought it would drop a bit more at low fan speed, but it stayed exactly the same.

My only complaint is that I wish it would cool faster during that first few minutes. That's when it's the most uncomfortable... when getting into a hot car. But I'd say the system is acceptable.
The outside temp has a huge impact on how cool the ac blows. I would be curious to see what numbers you get when it is 90+ degrees out. Mine was acceptable up to about 80 degrees but over that it is horrible.

Giggity

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode