self-leveling rear suspension - Page 2 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #11 of 17 Old 05-26-2012, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Kirtsinger
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kirtsinger is on a distinguished road
I'm not one to argue with a stranger on a web forum so I'll leave this post with this and walk away.
My owners manual and an official at the manufacturing plant says the 2011 SV 4WD can tow 9000lb without self leveling suspension.
Everything on my very last post is a fact according to an official person, official literature, and manufacturing websites.
The web address you posted is for the 2012 model only..... nice try.
Take care and have a good one.

Last edited by Kirtsinger; 05-26-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 05-27-2012, 06:42 PM
E&J push'n wind
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
E&J push'n wind is on a distinguished road
Kirtsinger,

It's unfortunate that that you feel that this is an agrument. I'm just trying to provide you with factual information from an official Nissan site. Sure I've given some opinion but when it comes to factual statements, I've provided sourced links that take any opinion out of the equasion.

You've provided a chart that shows tow ratings with gear ratios and not official at that. Anybody could have ginned that up though it does appear to be accurate. How about an irrefuteable link? All due respect but I'm going to go by what I read vs. what someone tells me even if they are a Nissan official. If it aint in writing, it doesn't exist. It's just an opinion based on "some information" that could be close but miss the mark.

Just to be sure though, I went to the Nissan site once again and looked up the 2011 owners manual. Amazing.., it's identical to mine. Here's the link if you choose to look at it, http://www.nissanusa.com/owning/manu...mada&year=2011. Section 9-21 of that manual shows not, SV, SL or Platinum but rather 2WD, 4WD, tow package and non-tow package and the corresponding tow ratings.

If Nissan is providing conflicting information, I'm sure they would love to know about it and I'm doubly sure the members on this forum would love to know if you could provide proof. More than that, well.., I don't know what to say.

I've provided proof of what I'm saying with links to where I'm getting the information. You've provided nothing but what you say someone has told you from Nissan, and they may have and been sincere in what they are telling you but I'd have to say they are sincerely wrong. Well intentioned though they may have been.

If you are going to come on a forum like this one and give information. Please do everybody a favor and provide more than just conjecture, give source information so that everybody can be informed and have reliable information.

I have no way of knowing for sure but I think you've made a mistake that not only you've made but I will say I made also, and I'm not the only one. All due respect to you but I think you are in denial. When I bought my first Armada 07 model, I made a BIG assumption that all Armadas could do the 9K tow rating untill I too read the owners manual. The same one I just posted for the 2011 model, yep.., 2007 & 2008 models have the same identical information. Anyway, after realizing my error the dealer I bought from was willing to help me out and correct my misinformed purchase and get the SE with the 9K tow rating. The 07 SE I purchased did not have the factory tow package, only the hitch and it was rated at 6500 lbs. It's an honest mistake with how Nissan publishes their brochures.

One more thing I will say and then I'm done with it too, well maybe. I did read on the Nissan website for the 2012 model SL 2WD that it is rated for 8200 lbs. Personally though, if you read the fine print on just about any brochure there is an escape clause that reads, "information subject to change without notice." So, which is right, the brochure or the owners manual? I'd go with the owners manual because the brochure could be a typo and if you tried to hold them to it they could always go to that escape clause.

As I have said in past post's, I could be wrong. I have no issue with being corrected but just don't tell me I'm wrong bassed on your opinion, what somebody said or how you feel. Tell me I'm wrong but provide proof so I too can learn as well as every else body that reads it.

You take care as well and I hope no hard feelings.

Last edited by E&J push'n wind; 05-27-2012 at 06:50 PM.
post #13 of 17 Old 05-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
Be careful Kirt!!! Those max weights and gear ratios are no different than they've always been since 2004. My 2005 LE 4x4 has the 3.357 gear ratio and is rated to tow 9,000 lbs. I'm certain it can tow 9,000 lbs for 3 city blocks but I personally refuse to tow any more than 7,000-lbs for 100 miles or more. A 6300-lbs trailer already kills my MPG to only 200 miles per tank and a few weeks ago heading to Texas some storm front winds tipped it up where the right wheels were almost off the ground while I was only going 50mph.

Do what you want but just remember it is still only a 1/2-ton and built for luxury.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 17 Old 05-27-2012, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Kirtsinger
SHIFT_Lurker

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kirtsinger is on a distinguished road
Thanks Pops. That tow sounds like you were happy to get to where you were going.
My Armada will never tow anything up to anywhere near that size.
post #15 of 17 Old 05-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
If you ever decide to, just ask if you need help. My wife is looking for a bigger travel trailer and she meeps getting sucked into the "it's 1/2-tom towable" gimmicks.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 17 Old 05-30-2012, 10:53 PM
E&J push'n wind
SHIFT_Hardcore

Pops,

Meeps??? OOOHH! I think I got it, keeps!
post #17 of 17 Old 05-30-2012, 11:10 PM
E&J push'n wind
SHIFT_Hardcore

Yeah Pops, you gotta be careful with that one. "1/2 ton towable" doesn't mean any 1/2 ton can do the job but only rather those with more like 3/4 ton tow ratings like the Ford F150 with the max tow package which is is upwards of 11K if I'm not mistaken. I think the GM Sierra has a 1500 with a similar tow rating.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode