Must Read!!! - Rear A/C Lines Problem - Page 4 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #31 of 36 Old 05-10-2013, 09:47 PM
armadarjz
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
armadarjz is on a distinguished road
Sorry, but Nissan has a terrible history of fixing anything. The Armada is a poorly designed vehicle, except for the engine and tranny. The rest of the vehicle is sub par for a truck of this size. Brakes are terrible; Suspension springs break prematurely; A/C lines located in an impossible place....who ever heard of having to life the body off the frame to get to them? The wheel bearings are weak and have to be changed fairly regularly;; the evaporative canister in the rear has a valve that breaks and they charge you $353. for it; The ABS system comes on when it isn't supposed to causing braking problems which are very dangerous. They fool around with re programing the controller and try to get everyone to pay an "analysis fee" beforehand, then try to get you to buy a brake booster to fix it, which is a big crock. They tell you they perform safety inspections on your vehicle but don't do it. I could go on and on. Never again will I give Nissan any business....and don't think Toyota is any better either...witness the lousy quality of Toyotas also for the last four years. I'll stick with GM in the future, maybe even Ford.
The vaunted Japanese, who everybody was fauning over in the 1980's are now making junk folks....let's face facts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 05-10-2013, 09:51 PM
armadarjz
SHIFT_Newbie

armadarjz is on a distinguished road
reply to little drummerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledrummerman View Post
i have a 04 LE with 130,000 miles. i checked my lines every time i change the oil and my lines still look very good.
Oh yeah? Try looking where they go over the rear axle....and don't county on a/c to get you through the summer. I too have an 04 which has been loaded with problems and shear manufacturing defects. I'll never buy Nissan again.
You must be the luckiest guy on earth, if you really own an Armada from 2004.
Armada rjz
post #33 of 36 Old 05-11-2013, 07:17 AM
littledrummerman
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
littledrummerman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by armadarjz View Post
Oh yeah? Try looking where they go over the rear axle....and don't county on a/c to get you through the summer. I too have an 04 which has been loaded with problems and shear manufacturing defects. I'll never buy Nissan again.
You must be the luckiest guy on earth, if you really own an Armada from 2004.
Armada rjz
I bought my armada sept. 10 2004, now have 187,000 on my o4 had the ac lines fixed 1.5 yr ago at the dealership cost was around $300. thought the valve body in tranny was going but had the filter and fluid changed and those rubber tranny hoses replaced, and she runs great now.

post #34 of 36 Old 05-13-2013, 10:09 AM
Elite130
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Elite130 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly47 View Post
Can you repost the picture from the original post of your solution (Elite130). I was hoping to maybe use a barrier hose as a fix but your description seems easy enough. Thanks
Sorry, I fixed the picture link. Here it is. It is kind of hard to see, but it was the small line on top of the frame rail. It rubbed against the line just next to it. Sorry I never got any repaired pics.

New: 2012 Nissan Titan SL, Premium Utility Package, Tint, WeatherTech Floor Liners, AirRaid MXP, Bully Dog GT, Midland 75-822 CB w/ 4' Firestik Antenna.

Old: 2004 Nissan Armada LE
post #35 of 36 Old 05-18-2013, 10:02 AM
B cup
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
B cup is on a distinguished road
Dodged a bullet..... Steelership fixed with o-ring. Over the phone quote was 860.00 w/o looking at it. After some testing 270.00 for O-ring. How long will it last? That's the next question.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #36 of 36 Old 05-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Elite130
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Elite130 is on a distinguished road
$270 for an O-ring? I assume that included system re-charge too? Regardless, glad to hear you got her fixed.

New: 2012 Nissan Titan SL, Premium Utility Package, Tint, WeatherTech Floor Liners, AirRaid MXP, Bully Dog GT, Midland 75-822 CB w/ 4' Firestik Antenna.

Old: 2004 Nissan Armada LE

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode