Rear alignment woes... - Page 3 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #21 of 26 Old 02-11-2015, 06:37 PM
MmmmBeeeer
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MmmmBeeeer is on a distinguished road
Screw it, I'll just replace the tires earlier then, I don't have time for all that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 Old 02-12-2015, 01:26 PM
keith03054
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
keith03054 is on a distinguished road
PrimoV8 you are the best! I have a 2004 also and the alignment is way off. Once all the snow stops I plan to install new Moog spring /shocks and relating hardware to get it aligned, in hopes of reducing the rear end jumping around on bumps and to improve the height of the sagging backend.
post #23 of 26 Old 02-18-2015, 10:09 AM
primoV8
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
primoV8 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith03054 View Post
PrimoV8 you are the best! I have a 2004 also and the alignment is way off. Once all the snow stops I plan to install new Moog spring /shocks and relating hardware to get it aligned, in hopes of reducing the rear end jumping around on bumps and to improve the height of the sagging backend.
No problem, glad I could help.

If you do plan on doing the work yourself, rent, borrow, or invest ($200 from Northern Tool.com) on a portable oxy-acy torch kit. You'll be able to burn off those stubborn, seized bolts in no time. Just be careful on the drive side LCA as it faces the gas tank. We placed a flame retardant mat in between the LCA and gas tank while my friend was burning the bolts off.

You won't believe how much of a difference your truck will ride once you get it aligned correctly. Not only do you eliminate the rear end from jumping all over the place, the tires wear evenly and the stiffer Moog springs and non-leveling shocks improves the overall ride.

"I may think I have inalienable rights to be alive and happy but I don't - life is a blessing."

- Terrence McNally

post #24 of 26 Old 02-18-2015, 05:07 PM
keith03054
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
keith03054 is on a distinguished road
PrimoV8,

Very good advice on the torch, what brand and part # did you use for non-leveling shocks? Also did you put the Firestone air-bag in the rear also?
post #25 of 26 Old 02-18-2015, 05:43 PM
primoV8
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
primoV8 is on a distinguished road
Garage
I've got Rancho XL9000 adjustable shocks on the rear and removed the Firestone bags awhile back.
After adding a 1.5" lift, I did install Timbren SES bumpstops all around since the OE bumpstops are shorter; it created too large of a gap between the subframe and the OE bumpstops after the lift kit.

If you don't plan on lifting the truck, the Timbrens aren't necessary.

"I may think I have inalienable rights to be alive and happy but I don't - life is a blessing."

- Terrence McNally
post #26 of 26 Old 03-07-2015, 04:59 AM
MmmmBeeeer
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MmmmBeeeer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmmBeeeer View Post
Am I in the same boat?

Just got back from getting an alignment from Firestone, they got the front sorted out, but the rear the tech left a note saying:

The computer typed report had this note:

They said they sprayed penetrating oil on it and to come back Monday and their lead tech would work on it at no charge.

I just want the rear camber fixed, it is destroying the Bridgestones I bought 9 months ago
Just thought I would update this, they asked me to bring it back in so their master tech could work on it, and he was able to get the seized bolt(s) loose without breaking anything and they got the rear aligned properly, all is well now.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode