flashing blinking airbag warning light - Page 30 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #291 of 294 Old 11-18-2016, 02:46 PM
h.wes15
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
h.wes15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by primoV8 View Post
Anytime! I highly doubt the airbag was the issue; the new clockspring will fix that annoying SRS light. One more thing, if that dealership you brought your truck to was a Nissan dealership, stay away from that one. A failing/failed airbag control module would immediately activate the SRS light the second you turn the ignition from ACC-START.
damn even after replacing the spiral cable my airbag light came back on!!!!!!!!! I guess the airbag control module is next. I was really hoping to avoid taking apart the center console to get to that sucker!!!!!!!!!!!!! FML

WES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #292 of 294 Old 11-18-2016, 03:08 PM
primoV8
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
primoV8 is on a distinguished road
Garage
New clockspring? After replacing the clockspring, did you perform the reset procedure for the SRS light?

"I may think I have inalienable rights to be alive and happy but I don't - life is a blessing."

- Terrence McNally
post #293 of 294 Old 11-30-2016, 04:05 PM
h.wes15
SHIFT_Lurker

h.wes15 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by primoV8 View Post
New clockspring? After replacing the clockspring, did you perform the reset procedure for the SRS light?
Turns out the spiral cable/clockspring I installed was already busted so I ordered another one and swapped that in and after taking it to Nissan to do the Steering Angle Sensor recalibration (my VDC and SLIP lights turned on after swapping the clockspring and installing that brake sensor on the new clockspring) my airbag light is finally off. It's only been one day though so keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't return.

The one draw back is I put my steering wheel back on about 5 degrees to the right so it's a little off center when I drive straight, but i'm hesitant to take it off and recenter the clock spring/spiral cable because I don't want to pay $75 to have the steering angle sensor reset again. Anyway, thanks for your help PRIMO!

WES

post #294 of 294 Old 05-17-2017, 04:04 PM
ml8766
SHIFT_Lurker

ml8766 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Nice. I have learned so much from this group in general. Thank you for the info.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode