HELP!! what mods increase gas mileage????? - Page 3 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #21 of 29 Old 12-15-2007, 03:08 PM
HarleyD
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HarleyD is on a distinguished road
In a weird kind of way its reassuring to read that we all feel the pain of the pump. On a personal positive note, big oil signs my paycheck. Let all drive like we stole it.....job security! JK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 Old 12-15-2007, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Playboy27
SHIFT_Hardcore

Playboy27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Playboy27
Thanks guys! A sentra!? Holy crap!? Im 6'3! I cant fit in a sentra!! Besides im not getting rid of my mada for nuthing! I get evicted from home???? That's cool I'll just live in the back of my mada!!
post #23 of 29 Old 12-15-2007, 04:20 PM
PwrStrokinDually
SHIFT_Enthusiast

PwrStrokinDually is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PwrStrokinDually
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops
I have yet to see anything less than a Lightening, SS, R/T-10, or 3/4 ton Diesel be successful at it now unless they are noticeably modded.
Haha, that's funny right there!

Tornado/vornado/vortex/throttle body spacer. They're all gimmicks to get your money. They were originally designed to raise carbuerators a bit to immitate a high-rise style. But being with 99% of gas/diesel injected vehicles are now "direct injection" instead of "indirect injection" they really serve no point. If you have an older "inderect injection" vehicle it might actually serve a purpose. FWIW, here's my .02

Danny Om

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

01 SC PSD Dually (build date 08-00 w/ PMRs), 8" Edge, dual F&R Doetsch aluminum shocks w/ resevoirs, 37" SSR on all 6 tires, 2" (hub & wheel centric) wheel adapters by Fearless Fred Goeske, Fabtech racing track bars.

Projectors (HID 10k low/high), clear corners, clear cab lights, clear dually side markers, Amp-Research retractable side-steps, power rear-slider, Snug-Top canopy, billet grill, and chrome truck nutz!

Fully built motor w/ B-codes, GT42R, and Terminator HPOS.

post #24 of 29 Old 12-21-2007, 02:39 AM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
ntrddragn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakSpyda
So far the most effective mod for me was the 2 degree timing advance. I am actually getting much closer to the 13 city / 18 hwy mileage since I had it done. Before I was getting 10-11 city /13-14 hwy. The vehicle seems to be more efficient now.

The key for me is not speeding, at least not too much... wel, not all the time!
Wow...thats very low MPG...right now im getting around 11-13 city and 17-19 highway (80-90 MPH)...im getting the 2* TA tomorrow...so hopefully it wouldnt reduce my MPG .
post #25 of 29 Old 12-21-2007, 02:21 PM
BlakSpyda
SHIFT_Moderator

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
BlakSpyda is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrddragn
Wow...thats very low MPG...right now im getting around 11-13 city and 17-19 highway (80-90 MPH)...im getting the 2* TA tomorrow...so hopefully it wouldnt reduce my MPG .
If it does get worse, you can always change it back!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #26 of 29 Old 12-21-2007, 08:16 PM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakSpyda
If it does get worse, you can always change it back!
i think now i know why ur getting the mileage ur getting i just got mine done and i feel the difference and was gassing it
post #27 of 29 Old 12-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Matrix
SHIFT_Hardcore

Matrix is on a distinguished road
Well so far I think that your problem is that you bought yourself a phat V8 which you shouldn't even expect this beast to hate gas. 2*TA, synthetic oil change, and air in the tires have helped me so far. My foot is quite lighter than usual except when I see someone driving like a granny-goose. The only thing I want next is my CAI. She' always so thirsty. Luckily I work only 5 minutes away from me and that's including lights. If you have to drive far...buy a bike.

* §E rolling on LE Wheels, V8 Badges, K&N Drop in Filter, LE Chrome Grill, 2*Advanced Timing, an §E Looking like an LE*
post #28 of 29 Old 12-21-2007, 09:09 PM
BlakSpyda
SHIFT_Moderator

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
BlakSpyda is on a distinguished road
I will bo doing the Air Box mod soon. I hear I'll get more power and worse mileage then!

post #29 of 29 Old 12-22-2007, 01:56 AM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
Well so far I think that your problem is that you bought yourself a phat V8 which you shouldn't even expect this beast to hate gas.
LOL...so true... i definitely didnt buy the beast to save gas thats for sure. Im going to get a plate holder that said "City 0/ Highway1"..ROFL...love that line

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode