Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

BT Streaming Issue

5K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  brewder 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have a question about BT... My wife has her iPhone 5 paired to her 2013.. Phone works great.. and we just noticed that if she sets up Google Maps to navigate somewhere, the directions are coming through the radio so apparently that app streams to the radio. When the audio is playing for the google maps navigation, the display says "incoming call"....

Having said all that, is it possible to stream music using the iPhone? I cannot find ANY settings for the life of me on the standard radio we have..

#13 ·
Not sure this is what is being discussed, but I stream BT from iPhone by:
Settings / Bluetooth / Connected Devices/ Audio Player

My wife's iPhone can be plugged in charging, but I stream BT music through mine.

#4 ·
You have to have the NAV system to get AD2P. IIRC the 2013 doesn't have the AUX jack in the dash, so if that's correct then you're pretty well screwed.

#6 ·
Cool, that's how I do it except with the 1/8" stereo jack in the 2012 dash.

#7 ·
My wife downloaded an app that broadcast the music like a phone call through the BT. Worked ok but only downside is it always showed the incoming call screen on the display.

#11 ·
The problem is my build doesn't have the 3.5mm plug in the console...But, I can probably just get a 3mm to RCA cable and test it out... For $10, it's worth a try!

#18 ·
Problem solved... if the wife wants to be "tethered", she can plug her iPhone into the 3mm to RCA cord and put the system in AUX mode.... or, she can now stream via BT and that $9 eBay doodad. Works fine.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.