Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Passenger side Mirror Replacement in 2008 Nissan Armada LE

6K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  marctronixx 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I removed the mirror, but the wiring goes a foot deep inside the door frame. I am guessing that door panel has to be removed to disconnect/connect the wire. If the door panel has to be removed can someone tell me how as per the door link i posted? LE model seems a little different than other models. Any suggestions please?

#6 ·
hmm. i replaced the mirrors on my 2006 back in the day with auto dim mirrors the harness on the mirror was a stubby.

you open the door and there is that black patch on the door. behind that are the screws for the outside mirror. remove those and the harness is right there. once you remove the patch its no longer usable. when i did this i bought new ones.

i have a long thread on this from back in 2006 (or was it 2007?)..

#8 ·
That's odd, I'm not saying that you are wrong but somehow something is amiss. The conector should be right there. Can you pull the wire or does it feel like that would not work? I'd give that a shot first.

The part I don't understand is if this is a replacement mirror, the wire conector for the new should fit on any Armada. If yours goes that far into the door, the wire on the mirror will not be long enough to fit or reach the conector that is inside your door. It has got to be a universal fit for all Madas. All due respect, I'd give it a little closer look.

#9 ·
agree with webturtle ,somethings afoot for sure. :D

could these be some aftermarket wiring situation? if you have the replacement mirror in hand, you should see how short the wire harness is on the mirror! its just a few inches long and its literally "right there" at the opening into the hole on the door... :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.