Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Rear Aircon wont turn off!!

7K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Carlo12377 
#1 · (Edited)
Rear Aircon wont turn off!! CULPRIT FOUND

Guys about two days ago i noticed that the rear airconditioning would not turn off despite front(rear) and rear aircon switches are turned off. well at least the knobs are in the off position.

when insert the key and just start the aux the rear fans turn on. this is driving me nuts as i am OC and only turn my airconditioning on when the engine is started.

i noticed that the front rear aircon knob doesnt latch on to anything its like its loose so pulled it out and tried to work it through the inside but that did not help.

anyone experience this? thanks

#2 ·
the rear front switch on mine feels like there is no slack, it just turns without
friction. i think this is the culprit. my rear aircon is turned on permanently (air blowing out)

this is super bad as i can no longer use my aux/accessories without fear or further damaging my airconditioning. i had a friend look at it and i have to change the front rear airconditioning knobs. this seems to be the problem, the interior mechanism of the switch is engaged and the damaged control knob can no longer control it.

DRIVING ME INSANE!!!

checked courtesy parts and the part i need is 27148 which is out of stock for my model 2006. question is will the 2007 up switches fit? are they the same? hope somone can chime in as im in Manila and have to order the parts from the US and will take around 2 weeks. Here is a diagram from courtesy parts

http://www.courtesyparts.com/armada...-a/c-control-unit/-c-1063_1064_1099_1116.html
http://www.courtesyparts.com/kb_search_result.php?keywords=[27148]+\(TA60&cPath=1063_1064_1099_1116

#3 ·
ok guys im trying to source out some parts most of the consoles are not the one i need

my console

other console

im just thinking of leaving the part broken if i cannot source the AC temperature control panel.

#4 ·
same here, i took it to the dealer but they gave me some bs that i didnt really pay attention to cuz i know they pulled that answer out of their a$$. will take it to a different dealership soon and see what they say. on mine it sometimes will not let you choose the recirculate mode no matter what you push, very annoying. the one that blows on my mada is the one coming out of the center console to the 2nd row

#5 ·
the one that blows on my mada is the one coming out of the center console to the 2nd row
thats the same with me.
let me know how it goes and what they find out.
this thing driving me nuts. such a small problem
that i cant make go away due to lack of parts and a quick fix

#6 ·
what you really should do is this-

take the AC controller out of the console, and take it apart. remove the knobs, and the two rear control knobs need to be pulled straight off. it might take a bit of force to do it. once the knobs are off, you can get a pick tool or a small flat head and press the tabs to split the controller. you can then visually inspect the knobs to see where the problem lies. it should be very clear that some piece of plastic in the controller is cracked. thats what it sounds like to me.

#7 ·
Sorry to bring this up again, I was able to getbthem rears to shut all these months but now have a baby so I need air-conditioning in the rear so I need a functioning control knob.

Can anyone show me how to fix the front zone control as well as the rear control knobs? No slack and obviously broken inside .. Im not technically capable:)

#8 ·
ok im thinking of buying the parts as its driving me nuts.
if the rear ac knob is busted, can i just buy the front console
and control the rear from there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.