Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Just installed new rear view cam....

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  clinthammer 
#1 ·
So I found a small "crimestopper" IR color cam and decided to install it, went with the clean install in the blank part of the rear deck lid handle. I ran the video cable in, down , and under floor pieces to reach the front deck, I then ran the cam power off the hot lead on the rear courtesy light. Worked out pretty well, might mess around more and set it so cam comes on in reverse only but for the mean time its live all the time when I'm driving, since my video options on my deck are avail at all times too. , here is a few pics pre-post install..... (total time, about 1hr) .

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks, 2004 ,,, Just the wire harness up top that goes into the hatch, I just pulled it up thru inside door into there and tapped power off the hot lead on the rear dome light in roof. I wanted the cam to have power all the time and I can control it with my deck. So it works as well when Im towing I can monitor it.

#8 ·
I assume it is hooked up to your stock HU which means you cannot view the camera when the hand brake is disengaged?

I have the OEM rear camera hooked up to my HU but have been toying with the idea of getting a camera to use for the front :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.