Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Tires

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  steveg_nh 
#1 ·
Need to buy tires for my QX. Most interested in the Michelin LTX AT2 and the Revo 2, but cannot find anyone that has the Revo 2 in stock. Anyone have a source? If not, anyone have experience with the LTX AT2? Read good reviews on other forums.

#3 ·
I had the LTX's on my previous truck (they don't make em big enough for my armonster), rode great and lasted for over 60,000 miles. Went through 2 sets, highly recommended!!

#4 ·
At this price point, I think I am inclined to go with the LTX AT2s. Have not read a single bad thing about them other than their cost.

Other, less expensive option is the Yokohama Geolander ATS. About $400 less overall but kind of hard to come by. I hear they're pretty popular up in Canada as all weather tires. Really looking for tires that are excellent in the rain, can handle slick boat ramps, and occasional snow when/if I go to the mountains.

#5 ·
Well, after extensively searching this forum as well as forums for the F-150, Ram, Silverado, Tacoma, and Tundra, I ended up ordering a set of Cooper Zeon LTX tires from Treadepot.com. Didn't read a single bad review. My only concern is weight; they're 13 pounds heavier per tire than the stock Michelins and am wondering how much it will affect my gas mileage. A lot of people say there is not much change, but they may already be used to running aggressive ATs instead of giant passenger tires.

What really swayed me was the cost. Saved $350 by going with the Coopers over the LTX AT2.

#7 ·
Just put a set of Firestone Destination A/Ts on my 08 Armada last week. I did tons of research, and I am very happy with the tires. And so far, after a week of driving, I haven't seen my avg MPG budge, so I'm thinking if there's a loss, it's negligible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.