Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Small Front End Clunk

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  amaff 
#1 ·
The Armada developed a small clunk in the front end this week. I figured it was a sway bar end link or something innocuous like that, until the "small clunk in the front end I'll look at this weekend" turned into the "big clunk I need to fix right ****ing now."

it went from a small noise to a big noise right as I pulled into the parking lot at the kids's school. This would have REALLY sucked to have found at 60mph like I was doing 1/2 mile prior.

It thankfully didn't back out all the way until I pulled into the parking lot.

And you've gotta love small favors. The bolt was sitting there in the caliper ear on the upright. I had briefly considered just having it towed home and dealing with it there before even pulling the tire off, but knew it was just 1 bolt that was probably readily available so I gave 'er the old college try, and sure enough it was there waiting for me. Once the wife arrived with the race tool box, it was back together in <5 minutes.

See less See more
#6 ·
Negative. Not in the 2 years since I've owned it. And no record of how long before. They MUST have been worked on at some point, unless the stock pads and rotors will actually last 93,000+ miles (because they still have a good bit of meat left).
I was planning on replacing them this winter now that the racing season is done. Probably will again, just to go through everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.