Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Supplemental Airbag warning light 06 SE 4x4

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jcb 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
My 2006 SE 4x4, Supplemental Airbag warning light, comes on after start and stays on. Also a clicking sound that sounds like a compressor pump comes on for 20-30 sec and stops. Any ideas - possible line leakage? recall item or TSB's?
Thanks Ken

#2 ·
If you get a copy of the service manual (Google search should do it) you can look up the pattern that the light is blinking.
From memory I think there are about 8 different messages it can relay depending on the sequence of long , short & pauses.
In my case none of the patterns made sense which leads me to believe my clock spring is worn out.

#3 · (Edited)
I just did the clock spring on my 2007 LE due to the steering wheel controls no longer functioning (Radio, horn, cruise). There are a couple of great videos on youtube showing step by step. I found OEM for just over $200 on EBAY and it came with the steering angle sensor. I was then able to turn around and sell that piece alone for $150!

The steering angle sensor is finicky! It is attached with 3 screws to the back of the clockspring. I recommend you be careful to take off the clockspring with wheels dead center. Then without moving anything, take off the old steering angle sensor and be careful to not change its position. Your new clockspring should come dead center and you can install the steering angle sensor to the back. Then install without moving the position. Hopefully you will get lucky and have no lights on when you are finished. I tried the brand new sensor and had VDC/SLIP lights on. Then when I couldn't get those off I reinstalled my old sensor and the lights remained. After a month of driving they finally went out. Not sure if the new sensor would have been "accepted" by the ECM after a month or not. Many were saying that a new sensor would require special (ie expensive) programming from Nissan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.