Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Just brought a 06 QX

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  echo46 
#1 ·
How big of rim can I go without modification or comfort??

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah I just had my 2001 diesel truck repainted. It was about $2800 to get a good paint job on it. I had every ding fixed. Externally the truck looks brand new. And I just detailed the inside. Get asked about selling it every time I stop for fuel. I kid you not there is usually done construction worker or a diesel truck driver asking if I would sell it. I plan on keeping the truck for a long time. The California desert sun is not much better. But if this paint job lasts 15 years also I'm good with that.
My wife's QX is a 04 and the paint is flawless. A few small nicks from flying rocks but I bought some touch up paint. Eventually we may give it a full paint job if it ever needs it.

#9 ·
Nice, You guys have a few legend trucks, I have worked on many 7.3L Trucks.. Glow plugs, Controllers,Fuel pumps, Brake calipers a few turbo's, coolers are about the only issues I had when keeping up with a fleet of a few hundred or so for a major Utility company back in the day.. They got worked hard, Both auto's and sticks held up good. Use to change the Fuel pumps, glow plugs harnesses out in the fields in my sleep, Its been many moons ago. The newer Gen 6.0, 6.7 is no comparison to the older 7.3L basic engines. the EPA did a number on the Industry.

#10 ·
Thank you sir. These 7.3's are no joke at all. I may not pull much with mine but I do rag on it a little. One of my biggest regrets was getting rid of my 7.3 Excursion to get the Armada. But now I know how great the Armadas are. The 6.0's are actually exceptional motors when 'bulletproofed'. But the EPA ruined the way motors were. 12v 5.9s and 7.3s rule.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.