Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

LT Header o2 Sensor Question

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ilren129 
#1 ·
I just orderded JBA LT Headers, Cajun Bpipes, and JBA catback exhaust. I have a question about the install that I hoping to figure out so I have everything I need. I have a shop doing the install but don't want them held up with anything.

I have 90k miles now, do most doing this install replace the o2 sensors? I'd rather save the money, but don't want them going after the install.

I also notice the headers have two bungs, from other threads it looks like you use the one by the collector not the one on the individual pipe. Is that correct?

Do I need to get any bung plugs? Do you plug up the other bung on the header (the one on the individual pipe)?

The Bpipes are coming soon so I haven't seen what plugs are on there. I just want to make sure I have the plugs if they are needed. Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
Since you're having a shop do the work, you might as well replace all 4 sensors. When I installed my JBA LTs back in late '14, I kept all the OE sensors; the driver's side O2 sensor eventually went the following spring. This past summer, I ended up replacing the remaining 3 sensors since my truck was closing in on 185K miles. Generally, O2 sensors are supposed to be replaced around 100K miles for optimal performance.

Regarding the bungs, the LT come with a pair of plugs. Without having to modify the O2 sensor wires, installing them on the runner will work just fine and just use the plugs for the bungs on the collector.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.