Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Fog lights

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Peskadot 
#1 ·
I had some animals bite the main harness that goes from my engine bay to my fog lights. I have Hid fog lights. The replacement Cable is $2,000 dollars parts and labor. So I bought replacement cables to my ballast instead and spliced them to my main harness. The lights work but I am experiencing a weird issue. Ifor I turn the truck on then turn my lights and fog lights on in hear some clicking under my Dash and the ebrake, limited slip, and ABS lights come on. I got to turn off the ignition and restart the truck for the lights to go off. If I turn the lights and fog lights on before starting the truck this does not happen. Anyone got any ideas what could be?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
One thing I never do is wire any type of aftermarket, auxiliary lighting directly onto the OE wiring harness. I can't speak for the brand of HIDs you're using but plenty of aftermarket xenon ballasts have a tremendous spike in amps when turned on and can eventually cause problems on the OE harness.
A relayed wiring harness not only helps extend the life of your aftermarket HIDs, but its also protecting the OE wiring harness which we all know can be very costly to replace if it gets damaged. When I had HIDs in my fogs and currently with my retrofitted LED fogs in the OE housing, they're wired up via a relayed wiring harness. I have the signal wires tapped into the parking light and still turn on via the OE stalk light switch. Only this time, I can turn on the fogs without having the headlights on and the fogs don't shut off when I need to flash the high beams.

#3 ·
mahalo Primo, relay wiring harness ordered.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.