Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Aftermarket 4.56 or 4.11 gears?

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  rsoto80 
#1 ·
Is there anyone out there making aftermarket gears for the Armada? I am looking for 4.11 or 4.56 gears for a 2011 4x4 Armada. Lots of info out there on the Titan but I can't find anything on the Armada. Any info would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I never heard anything. I wanted to put a true track and it's not possible the Armada's rear end is different then the Titan

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#3 ·
While the rear differential assembly is different on the Armada and Titan due to the IRS on the Armada, the ring gear and pinion are the same. Of course both the rear and front gear set must be replaced.
Changing the ratios will cause some problems. Cruise will no longer work, the speedometer will have problems, and probably other problems. Vehicle speed is monitored by sensors in the transmission and from wheel speed sensors. These two signals are usually the same, but when you change the gear ratio they are different. The system sees this as a problem, and could cause transmission shift problems, etc.

#4 ·
What do those numbers mean for the gears? Is this only necessary when going with bigger wheels/tires on a lifted truck?

#7 ·
But the ring gear and pinion are the same. So it should be the same right? My Question is "Changing the ratios will cause some problems. Cruise will no longer work, the speedom will have problems, and probably other problems. Vehicle speed is monitored by sensors in the transmission and from wheel speed sensors. These two signals are usually the same, but when you change the gear ratio they are different. The system sees this as a problem, and could cause transmission shift problems, etc." Dont the titan and armadas have the same trany, computer and engine.

#8 ·
I guess it could work...go ahead and try it and let us know how it goes.

Not many people customize armada to that extent of changing gearing. Most just put wheels, exhaust, intake, and maybe a sound system. Gas mileage is our biggest disadvantage so changing the rear to a higher ratio would be the worst thing you can do to these trucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.