Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Intrest in 6 in Lift Kit for Armada/QX56?

235K views 650 replies 60 participants last post by  Todd 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay so as some of you know, I've been working with Greg at PRG Products to source us upgraded Rear Springs which will hopefully combat the rear sag issues and firm up the rear end. If you want more info on that check out and watch what's going on in the Armada Rear Springs thread... Moving on to topic at hand... In my discussion with Greg I was asking him about possible lift kits for the Armada now that Rancho and Procomp have discontinued their lines and we floated a couple ideas around. The result being:

HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A 6 in LIFT KIT THROUGH GREG (would have a rear subframe from Rancho)?

If there is enough interest and people willing to get a kit, Greg is willing to talk to some of his people over at Rancho at try to get them to run a Limited Production Run. :D

Right now we, Greg and I, are attempting to guage people's interest and get a head count on how many might be interest in a possible group buy.

SO I ask again:

HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A 6 in LIFT KIT THROUGH GREG (would have a rear subframe from Rancho)?

ADDITIONAL INFO:

We would be looking at pairing the Rancho rear subframe with the front section of the lift kit for a Nissan Titan- since Titans and Armada's share the same front end... You could potential get the parts powder coated any color you wanted ;).... Also at this time unsure what pricing would potentially be. I will be talking with Greg more next week. If you have any questions let me know and I'll pass them along to Greg.

*****Link to FINAL lists ***** http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?p=290745#post290745

*****Link to INTEREST lists ***** http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?p=235609G

*****UPDATES*****
Link to CURRENT update on status of lift kit: http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22748&page=41

Previous update: ******UPDATE*****
Link to previous update on status of lift kit: http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?p=224561&highlight=interest#post224561

Previous update: *****UPDATE*****
Link to previous update on status of lift kit: http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22748&page=14

Previous update: *****UPDATE*****
Link to previous update on status of lift kit: http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?p=207166#post207166

See less See more
#469 ·
Todd... Greg said he'd give me a call in the am... I'll update after he calls.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#470 ·
Ok... Greg called and said fabricator was running a bit behind but aiming for next week for them to start rolling in.

#473 ·
Todd... you and me both. :) excited and then not so excited since I'll be doing the lift myself. Lol

#475 ·
New to forum and an '04 Armada owner (3wks), I have been trying to keep up with this topic, please forgive me if this was covered already, is this absolutely a limited run? Or is this a limited "test" run to see if there is a market to manufacture regularly?

I saw there was a list to purchase these rear brackets and I was a little late to the party, so my hope is that someone like Greg will be selling these in the near future, or that someone has reverse engineered these brackets so we can buy from them the plates and have to weld together, or purchase a CAD drawing where we can go have the brackets cut an welded if someone doesn't want to deal with the liability of manufacturing.

#477 ·
Hey Todd, everyone, found out Greg has been on vacation since about Wednesday... I'll try and get up date from him on Monday. I know he sent me one other picture than the one I posted earlier, but it was really bad quality. :-\ camera phone :-\

#478 ·
ntrddragn, if that is the case then it would be great if someone would take, what they get from Greg, to someone who can take all the measurement and translate the physical item into cad drawings. At minimum a hand drawing (by someone who can draw like maybe a tattoo artist) along with very detailed measurements. Then we as a community can take those drawings to a fabricator that can make the brackets for us.

If I had detailed measurements and a cad file/drawing I can take them to a shop here in Town and have the brackets cut out and my buddy who is a killer TIG welder assemble them for me.

#479 ·
DJTooTall,
You're not too late to get in in the kit from Greg if you want.

#481 ·
When can we purchase the new Rear Lift Brackets?

Thanks,
Todd

OK everyone, yes you also Todd. Lol. I have finally been able to talk to Greg and have some updates.

Two bits of good news and one piece of middling news.

First bit of good news: photos are on their way to me and will post as soon as I get them.

Middling news: Greg had firmer pricing now. $2,150.00 shipped. Price includes the following: ProComp 6 in lift kit for Titan (you will be able to recoup some of your cost selling the rear of the pro comp kit), Greg's custom 6 inch rear bracket lift, 4 Bilstein shocks for the rear, extended brake lines, and all necessary hardware to bolt up.

Last bit of good news: first set of 10 rear kits should be in Greg's hands and ready for purchase end of next week or mid week following.

How's that for an update? Lol

#483 ·
The rear of the pro comp kit that I was referring to is for a Titan. Which will not work on our trucks. Procomp does not sell the front portion of the Titan kit.
Greg's rear bracket is the only 6 inch one available.

#488 ·
As an update... just got off phone with Greg and we are both saying... contact Greg and work out specific of what your needs are related to this topic. He is selling the rear brackets just by themselves, as a kit with rear shocks, as a complete kit with titan kit. You need it a certain way contact him and work out specifics. :)

My kit is NOT going to be the Standard Kit. ;-) lol

#489 ·
As an update... just got off phone with Greg and we are both saying... contact Greg and work out specific of what your needs are related to this topic. He is selling the rear brackets just by themselves, as a kit with rear shocks, as a complete kit with titan kit. You need it a certain way contact him and work out specifics. :) My kit is NOT going to be the Standard Kit. ;-) lol

That is music to my ears. Thank You Koosh!!!

#493 ·

I just pre-ordered and paid for my new PRG Armada Rear Lift kit!!!

EXCELLENT! :) I knew it was gonna happen. Thanks to Greg for building it. Thanks to Richard, Andre and Bob for helping and loaning trucks (Richard and Andre)! Without you guys this never would have come together. :cheers:
:thumbup:

#497 ·
#498 ·
#501 ·
I'll try to get a solid answer from Greg...
Jason: you can always talk to Greg to make sure that you get the height you are looking for, or figure out what needs to happen to get you there.

#502 ·
You get 6" at the front with the front cross-member and 5" at the rear with the rear brackets. :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#504 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.