Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Brake Line Upgrades

6K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  primoV8 
#1 ·
HelLol all!

I want to replace the rubber brake lines with a steel braided line but can't find any manufacturer that makes them for my armada.
Any ideas?

The sites I've seen only show the rear and for the fronts the year stops at 07. I have a 2008 LE
thanks guys!

#5 ·
I've had the Goodridge lines for years now without any issues. But ever since I lifted the truck, I've always wanted to install longer lines to accommodate the 1.5" lift.
Thanks for posting up that link as those would SS lines would be perfect.

#3 ·
Goodridge makes them for the armada. I got mine off of tire rack.

Awesome upgrade and now looking to do it for other vehicles. Install was a bit of a pita because they don't have the alignment hook on the banjo bolt so it was some trial and error to get them installed.

There is a write up here for the install. Try a search.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#10 ·
I doubt the performance will be much different, I'm more curious about the quality of material and longevity.

I liked the Goodrich lines but it took me forever to get them lined up in the front. They would either rub the tires or stretch too much. The fun was doubled when I realized they sat different when the wheels were back on the ground.

I am curious about the hub /brake upgrade. Please post about that if you can.

#11 ·
The 08+ armadas/titans/qx have larger rotors and brake calipers up front over the 04-07 generation.

I've had these Powerslot rotors since 08-09 and instead of replacing them with first gen brakes, I've opted to go with the 08+ parts.

I know on TT, there is fellow member who had machined several hub centric rings to place on first gen hubs. These were needed because the hub bore diameter on 08+ rotors are slightly larger.
Instead of trying to track down a set of spacers, I'm replacing the front with 08+ hubs and eliminate the use of spacers. Since I already replaced the rear hubs last year, I might as well do the front.

Another option was frozenrotors.com who offers their custom version of the "OEM big brake kit" for 04-07 models. While it is a complete kit, doesn't require spacers or replacing the hubs, and fairly priced, you're stuck to buying only their rotors if and when to be replaced. Last I checked, its almost double of what a StopTech (formerly Powerslot) rotor would cost and I like to have options.

#12 ·
Interesting. I'm curious how they work out for you.

In thinking about it, it doesn't sound like the stock 18"s would fit over the larger rotors.

I'm happy with my brake setup (power stop slotted / drilled and Goodrich SS lines), but always looking for better. More specifically, I am hearing about hub failures and if I am faced with replacing one I wonder if it would be worth upgrading the brakes as well.

#13 ·
#15 ·
I don't think Nissan changed the offset of their OE wheels for the Armadas/Titans/pre-2011 QX56 models. Primarily the reason why we have no problems fitting either wheels from this lineup.

From the info I've read and gathered over at TT, it works with OE 18" wheels as plenty of members have done the conversion.
Even before our very own bsljacques didn't have any problems with the frozen rotors BBK kit (350mm rotors, OE 08+ calipers) with his stock 18s. Only after upgrading to the Wilwood 6-piston calipers was when he opted for 19mm wheel adapters.

I'm hoping to get this done by next month as I'm planning on selling/trading the 22s for a set of OE 18s or 20s since my wife will be taking over the 04 by then. She doesn't feel comfortable driving around with the 22s, so they're gonna have to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.