Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

New BC Member

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Kooshtaka 
#1 ·
Hello,

My First Nissan vehicle ever. Picking it up in the morning. We have a third kid on the way which forced us to part ways with our old Toyota Matrix. We used to do all our camping in my Trooper which was so fun with 2 kids. We could set up camp and then head off into the woods and do some exploring. But sadly it cannot fit 3 car seats like the Matrix but at least I get to keep my toy and the wife will mostly drive the QX. I am happy we are getting a vehicle that can tow something serious, so a travel trailer will be in our future.

I have been on forums for about 15 years. I am a Welder by trade originally but now I mostly do welding inspection. I am a mechanic by hobby but built every truck I have had before this one.

#2 ·
Nice story.

Welcome to the club. Share some pics of the Trooper in action, if you have any.

#4 ·
Wheeling in the snow

Stuck

If you look in the background you see a pickup. That guy is about to walk away from his truck. He is frame deep in the mud and no one has a the power to get him out. I guess he's going to find bigger reinforcements.

The Blue Trooper in the pictures is about to be scrapped. I found a nice White one with no rust. I have already removed the body whire wheeled and sandblasted the frame. Then I coated it inside and out. All the goodies like ARB lockers, engine, lift and tires, will get transfered over.

#6 ·
Those are some great pics. Feel free to share more if you wish.

#11 ·
Welcome to the Club! Congrats on the purchase. :)

I'm a bit north of you... if you guys are in my neck of the woods be sure to let me know. FYI the QX can go off road also. haha IF it's a non-patrol based QX (i.e. the armada based QX) then everything mechanical can swap across from the armada to the QX... and they share the same front end with the Titans...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.