Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

electric brake

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  moremankev 
#1 ·
I found my electric brake harness in glove box in my '13 SL. Any recommendations on a power unit, and does the unit mount anyplace down below? Is it easy to wire up?

Thanks

#2 ·
Most are happy with the Prodigy. I have a P3 and it works very well. Very easy to install, basically plug and play. I mounted mine under the dash right next to the OBD plug on the right side.

#3 ·
Ditto^^^^^^

#5 ·
The hardest part for me was getting my hand up behind the emergency brake linkage to reach the plug under the dash. Once I did that, the rest was easy.

#6 ·
1) If you get any of the bigger name (Prodigy, Valley, etc) controllers, you can ignore the dongle that came with the car, and get a Plug & Play harness from the manufacturer of the brake controller.

dos) I have a how to with a few pictures that might help. It's a few screws to get the dash knee-panel off, and then getting the plug is dead easy. Don't worry about trying to fish around in the dark under the dash, just get that panel off and do it the easy way.

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36585

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.