Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Couple of questions

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Honda Hunter 
#1 ·
My armada is at the dealer. They claim they can't fix my phantom abs brake issue because the cant duplicate it. It's the same issue a lot of people are having when the brake goes down to the floor, loss of braking, strange spring pop crunchy sound etc fixed by restarting the vehicle. Had a c1179 code but some how the code reset itself and they claim to no longer see it anymore. It was already reflashed before and that didn't help. My questions are:
Where is the abs Fuse located?
Other than losing abs, what else would be affected by driving without the fuse?

#4 ·
I've spent a lot of time researching this. I went to an independent shop that recommended replacing the booster because the delta sensor can't be replaced by itself. They got further than the dealer who at this point are trying to make me believe I'm crazy.
If I could just disconnect abs (for off road use only), I feel it would solve my issue. Titan owners do it when they go to the track and mudding. Curious if it'll work the same on an Armada.

#5 ·
What he describes is not brake shudder. He is describing a brake failure mode that is scary and dangerous. I had it happen 3 times on my 04. There is some belief that a reflash of the ABS computer may fix it. My dealer wouldn't do it since my 04 was not in their TSB instructions. Since I tow in the mountains, it's why I got rid of the Armada after the third time it happened.

This is a very intermittent problem. It happened 3 times in two years. When it happens, you have maybe 20% braking force. Nissan wouldn't fix it. Bye bye Armada.

#3 ·
My armada is at the dealer. They claim they can't fix my phantom abs brake issue because the cant duplicate it. It's the same issue a lot of people are having when the brake goes down to the floor, loss of braking, strange spring pop crunchy sound etc fixed by restarting the vehicle. Had a c1179 code but some how the code reset itself and they claim to no longer see it anymore. It was already reflashed before and that didn't help. My questions are:
Where is the abs Fuse located?
Other than losing abs, what else would be affected by driving without the fuse?
A dealers service departments #1 response.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.