Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Dealer got a ticket in my car.

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  davidw 
#1 ·
I received a traffic cam ticket in the mail for running the red light. I checked the video footage online and saw that it was in front of the Nissan lot. I checked my receipts and they had my vehicle from 3:00-5:00. This photo was taken at 3:43. I called them and asked what type of services were done to my vehicle and what time was my vehicle checked in. Then I asked them about the ticket I received while my vehicle was being serviced by them. He said that I should pay for the ticket and contact their general manager about filing a claim. I told him that I will not be paying for this ticket and that I will be contacting their general manager. I tried contacting their general manager and got no where. Will try again tomorrow.
My registration expires in a few days and I cant get a new one unless this ticket is paid. I've searched online and read that traffic cam ticket is like a parking ticket, it will not raise my insurance rates. but it'll show up under my name. I have a good driving record with no tickets to my name. I hope they pay for this ticket. Heres a few pics from the traffic cams. Good day everyone.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hire a good traffic lawyer and have the dealership pay and have this dismissed in traffic court. This is nonsense. The lawyer will run you a few hundred dollars (speaking from personal experience) and will be worth every penny.

#3 · (Edited)
You have the option to contest it in writing. Write in that wasn't you driving. The came law states it has to be a clear picture of YOU and your plates. Obviously you have proof that it wasn't you with the dealership receipt showing the time they had your car. And point out the location where the picture is taken also. You need to contest this in a proper legal court format also. Google the format. Send copies and send with registered mail. Someone need to sign it when it reaches the court. Or you can go down there and contest in person. I would write it though. If you are find guilty in writing you get a second chance to contest in person. But in your case it should be a no brainer. If you are not found guilty it will be drop and no record of it at all. (Well at least no public record.)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#4 · (Edited)
Can you Plea NOT Guilty? If not I would contact the DMV to find out about situations like this. First of all, the dealership did not have permission to be driving your vehicle unless it was for diagnosing the problem or confirming the repair was successful. I would definitely Contest it at the very least.

Funny, he wasn't the only one running that light. -lol...

#5 ·
so here is the form for WA

http://www.seattle.gov/courts/red_light/declaration.pdf

from the state site: http://www.seattle.gov/courts/red_light/red_light.htm

If you were not driving the vehicle
If you were not driving the vehicle when the alleged violation occurred, you may submit, under penalty of perjury, a written statement swearing that the vehicle was not in your care, custody, or control. To do so, print and return the declaration of non-responsibility.

Return the form to the Court:

In person at 600 5th Ave (1st floor),
By fax to 206-684-8887, or
By mail:
Municipal Court of Seattle
ATTN: Photo Enforcement Citations
PO Box 34987
Seattle, WA 98124-4987.
You must return the declaration to the Court by the due date shown on the front of the Notice of Infraction.

hope this helps?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.