Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluster problems

37K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  marctronixx 
#1 ·
The cluster on my 2004 qx56 isnt working it started with my rpms where the arrow is off the scale and now the speed is getting stuck is this fixable or do i have to buy a whole new cluster? Help!!!!:confused:

#2 ·
I would be interested in hearing about this also as I have a QX56 gauge and the tach is acting this way.

#4 ·
Thanks for the link. I'll try that this afternoon.

#5 ·
Putting the cluster into test mode:

With ign off press and hold the odo. reset button, now turn the key to ON while continuing to hold down the reset button.
this will take you to a test screen, now everytime you push the reset button it will take you to a new screen, do this till it test all needles.

#7 ·
Where is the RPM needle pointing to? Does it move at all?
Remove the cluster take it apart position the needle to where it is supposed to be and press down on it, you can also pull the needles off put a dap of crazy glue and insert and position this will prevent slippage

#8 ·
I think my tach needle is not on tight. I'll try and glue it down this weekend.
thanks,

#11 ·
Can the QX56 be driven without the cluster gauge installed. I have this problem also. I know some vehicles you don't need it to run the vehicle. If our vehicles can run without it I will send it off for repair instead of getting a new one and getting it updated for extra money.

#13 ·
Confirmed it doesn't work when removed. Did get my cluster gauge repaired for about 200 bucks. Considering a new one is about 700 to 900 bucks its a win. Got it repaired through ebay user: ezelectronics201. Sent it out on Monday and got back within the same week for anyone with this issue.

#14 ·
Greetings, The 2005 QX56 has some problems in the instrument cluster. Some of the rows in the odometer are intermittent as is the tach. I did do the test with the trip button and the the tach needle did move around but settles back to zero. I can bang on the dash to make the odometer display correctly. My question is this, how do I know the tach problem is in the cluster and not somewhere else in the car? Car has about 170,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.