Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

AC refrigerant leak

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Girl-Trapped 
#1 ·
I am having loss of refrigerant issue with my Armada 2006 LE. It first happened around three months ago. I got the refrigerant refilled and it worked fine for next two moths. Afterwards I went on vacation for one moth and AC was working fine till I went on vacation. On my return when I started the car after one month AC is not working and I assume refrigerant has again leaked. What could be the possible leakage points if car is in stopped condition and how can I detect leakage point?

#2 ·
When we bought ours at the beginning of this year, we also had a leak that didn't show up until it got warm enough to use the A/C--turns out it was both of the O-rings that seal the lines going into the rear A/C unit. It's on the passenger side of the truck above the stock tailpipe location. We had a great shop that replaced them and recharged the whole system for about $115.

It's definitely an inexpensive place to begin your search compared to other problems it could be. . .

Good luck to you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.