Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

From Hummer H2 to Armada??

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Kooshtaka 
#1 · (Edited)
Thinking about getting rid of the h2. I'm a maintenance freak and at 50k just did a ton of maintenance and mods about 2500 miles ago.

Now I have a heat seater that turns on at will, and a misfire in random cylinders. I'm tired of the time and money spent on this thing.

How's the Armada for little nickel and dime stuff? I read they have the tranny line issue where coolant will mix with tranny, so does the h2.

Also read of people having air suspension compressor failure. So does h2. I just swapped to springs and ditched the compressor to avoid an untimely failure.

Really frustrated after taking care of this hummer as if I was going to keep it for 100-150k miles. I mean top of the line fluids, ahead of scheduled maint., preventative maintenance Etc... I have a hard time doing all this work on a 50k truck while my wife's mdx cruises along with minor maintenance.

My wife has an Acura Mdx, had it since brand new. Normal maintenance and no other issues at all it's litterally problem free!

I'd be Looking at a 2010 platinum 4wd with 30-50k, goal is to not go over 30k on purchase price.

Forgot to mention when I bought my hummer I was considering the armada also, but the nice firm suspension of the hummer won me over. I don't off road, but drive a lot in the snow.

Whats the besst way to firm up the suspension and wipe out all the body roll?

Thoughts? Opinions?

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to clubarmada, Pdxrealtor!!!! :D
Yes, it is possible to upgrade the suspension to suit your ride. Feel free to browse through the "Suspension/Wheels/Tires" section. You will find many stickies and threads on the subject.

One thing is for sure. You won't have to spend as much money as you are spending on the H2.

#5 ·
Welcome to the Club!!
I've got 165,000 miles in mine with routine maintenance, no major problems other than the normal 04-07 stuff( brakes, upgraded at 80k), but you'll miss out on all of those as your looking at a newer model. Way more dependable than a hummer!!

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

#6 ·
Welcome to the forum....I thought about an H2 prior to my Armada purchase. Did some research an ended up with the Armada. Happy soo far

#7 ·
Welcome to the Club. Be sure to participate in the Ride of the Month (ROTM) threads.

I haven't heard of coolant mixing with the tranny. I know of some that the clamps failed, $15 to fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.