Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Tablet Install - Nexus 7 installed in Armada Dash (56k warning)

15K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  CHangen 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

As promised I've got some pics and a video of my installation a couple of weeks ago of a Nexus 7 (2013 model) into my Armada. I also made a video but it's filmed at night so if theres enough interest I'll make a day video and perhaps detail the install (hardware/software) a bit more.

PARTS LIST (all from AMAZON.COM):

QTY 1: Asus - Nexus 7 Google - 7 inch 32GB Tablet (2013 version)
QTY 1: Metra 99-7406 Double DIN Installation Kit 2004-2006 Nissan Titan
QTY 1: Anker® 24W Portable Dual-Port USB Car Charger w/ PowerIQ Tech
QTY 1: Belkin MIXIT Right Angle Aux / Auxilary Cable - 3 ft (Red)
QTY 1: PAC USBCBL 6-Feet USB Cable with Mounting Bracket
QTY 1: Micro USB Host OTG Cable with Micro USB Power

On to the pictures and video is the last one, again sorry for the dark video:

ORIGINALLY

PARTS (as noted above in parts list)

Basic layout behind dash

Removing dash parts

Stereo (relocated to glovebox and maintained full usage)

New Metra bezel (Plastidipped) vs old bezel

Dug deeper to remove the outer bezel portion and shifter plate

Masking of shifter plate for platidipping

After platidip

Self-adhering cork for Tablet protection

Laid in place

Software version

Original way I wanted to strap tablet in but HVAC clearance and fitment issues made me move to "industrial" velcro

Slapped it all together - including the install of 2 panel mount USBs

Power on

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Man, that is NEAT!!!

I like it. That looks really great.

#6 ·
Thanks Tuscanqx and 5150

In the video I explain it but I have my iPhone 5S serving me with WiFi, I simply turn on the Personal Hotspot and I get wifi on the go. It's 4g and streams without much buffering at all.

Im usually simply listening to music and have maps or torque running but its good to have the internet

#10 ·
Sorry guys, Ive been off the forum for months. PM me and I'll send you my cell and we can walk through it if you need help.

You dont need the OEM Navi for this to work. I used the oem lighter plug for power. I removed it from the panel and connected it to a splitter supplying USB ports which powered the tablet and 2 usb mounted ports I placed on the panel.

Invanity, awesome mod! I have one big question for you: How did you remove the smooth plastic surround that is outboard of the stereo panel? I can't figure out how to remove that.
I carefully pried it a bit till I found the original mounting locations and I used a flathead to kindly unlock the tabs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.