Bad ABS on Armada!!!!! - Page 33 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #321 of 330 Old 05-17-2015, 05:50 PM
sommer237
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sommer237 is on a distinguished road
Ok almost 2 months since the Booster replacement and so far so good. Nissan didn't reimburse anything. I did file a claim in the lawsuit Banks vs Nissan. No word yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #322 of 330 Old 06-27-2015, 05:53 PM
fish1422
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
fish1422 is on a distinguished road
Continuing saga

Sorry for the late reply, but after my last post, decided not to use after market booster. One day in the fall of 2014 probably Oct , the weather in STL was 90 and humid and of course all the lights back on...vdc slip and brake....and I happened to be 1 block away from West County nissan so I stopped in, left the Armada running and asked for svc mgr....don't remember his name but he is the first dealer that said I know exactly what you are talking about and there is a TSB on it....we can pull codes and re-flash vdc computer. Code was 1142 with 5 times same in history which is bad sensor (part 47240-7s000). But their replacement estimate was over 300 bucks so I just had them re-flash the VDC and he said 90 percent of the times that fixes the problem for good. Well I can tell you the truck definitely drives differently after....as soon as you take your foot off the gas, it really really slows the engine down and the truck almost stops...did not used to feel this way so it made some difference is the driving feeling.

But it was the last warm day of the year and had no problems after that.....until last week on vacation visiting family in Chicago...very hot and humid...came to a stop sign about a block from my house with sister in car and went to hit brakes and brake light only came on, then your typical shuddering and grinding noise like the front end was going to fall apart...she was shocked...I said happens alot. But weather cooled off and nothing until driving back to KC in STL on I70...94 degree on temp display and on pops my brake light again....pulled over to nearest rest stop, turned off engine and back to normal. Have not had the code checked but reading all the forms on Titan and here again I think I am going to replace the sensors (47240-7s000) and the asm sensor brake pedal switch (25320-4m400).....going to take a $150 swing at it myself. Armada is a 2005 with 98K but need to keep it going for while....no other issues except the re-curring brake probs.

Any other suggestions.
post #323 of 330 Old 07-03-2015, 02:15 PM
fish1422
SHIFT_Lurker

Continuing saga...update

Well I received my parts from Tasca (a whole different story about Tasca screw up) and replaced the master cylinder pressure sensors as per above....really simple took approx 15 min max. Hope they do not need thread sealer as I did not put any on...will monitor for leaks.

Appear to be functioning as I drove around for a bout 5 mins and do not have any warning lights so we will see.....not going to be hot here for a while. If I still get lights coming on, will replace brake pedal switch at a later date...don't want to do all and then not know which corrected issues if at all.

If these things don't work, will do some grounding and battery cable as other posts state. If that doesn't work then just going to get rid of it after 10 years....

post #324 of 330 Old 07-14-2015, 06:25 AM
jcb
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
jcb is on a distinguished road
Has everyone received notice on this settlement? Go to the link below. The issue I see is showing proof of the diagnostic code (C1179). My understanding is that the code does not get stored after "an event" so very few would be able to provide this part of the requirement.

https://eclaim.kccllc.net/caclaimforms/nbk/Landing.aspx
post #325 of 330 Old 07-14-2015, 03:47 PM
Dad_Roman
SHIFT_Newbie

Dad_Roman is on a distinguished road
Wifey took Armada in for ECM recall. Mentioned the ABS issue......

.....He tried to sell her a set of pads...

Was going to get them to address the "blinking airbag light" issue but I told her to forget it.
post #326 of 330 Old 07-29-2015, 12:50 PM
fish1422
SHIFT_Lurker

Continuing saga...update (maybe fixed)

After replacing the sensors on the master cylinder in early July, I have had no incidents to report. And since my issue really seemed to be heat related, it has been 90 - 95 and humid everyday here and have put on about 1500 miles, everything seems to be OK. Can I dare say my brake issues are finally over? I can only hope but am still pessimistic.

Good luck to all others out there having similar problems.
post #327 of 330 Old 08-18-2015, 02:23 PM
HLKSMSH
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
HLKSMSH is on a distinguished road
Just wanted to add my '07 Armada to the brake failure list. It happened to me this morning on my way into work (35 miles into 39 mile commute - around 70 degrees outside with typical MD August humidity). I was cruising at the posted 35 mph when I noticed the BRAKE light come on. When I applied my brakes coming down a hill to a stop sign, I had the ABS noise and the loss of most braking capability. I nearly rear ended the truck stopped at the sign. Luckily, the light being on made me more cautious than normal and I applied the brakes very early. Turning the truck off and back on fixed the issue for now.

I believe this is my first occurrence (that I can remember). I bought the truck new and have 234,000 miles on it. I've put on 4600 in the last month driving every state in New England and enjoying the fine quality roads up there (sarcasm - it was a pretty rough winter). I drove back to MD from Boston yesterday and thankfully it didn't happen on my trip.

Looking at some of the suspected causes in this thread, I have replaced the right front hub within the last year, but have not touched any brake parts other than rotors and pads in the life of the vehicle. I replaced the front shocks recently and my back air shocks are dead (click click sounds when trying to auto level rather than the normal whirring sound), so the truck rides horrible right now until I can replace the rear coils and shocks. So, the truck took a lot of jarring on this weekends trip.

Has anybody with frequent issues tried the grounding suggestions or replaced both hubs and still experienced problems?

Lastly, what is the proper procedure to document these issues to get them on Nissan's radar (since they continuously deny knowledge and don't read the internet)? Is there an NHTSA process we should follow?

Stock 2007 LE 4x4 Red Brawn
285k+ miles
Issues: exhaust manifold leak, loose tailpipe, leaky front diff, front right wheel bearing, dead compressor
post #328 of 330 Old 08-18-2015, 02:43 PM
Dad_Roman
SHIFT_Newbie

Dad_Roman is on a distinguished road
I have the same issue that is also corrected by cycling the ignition.

You said "rides horribly". I have noticed that mine does the "brakelight ABS" thing when a wheel seems to skip on a bump while stopping therefore yours riding badly may exacerbate your issue greatly.
post #329 of 330 Old 08-21-2015, 01:49 PM
HLKSMSH
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
HLKSMSH is on a distinguished road
Update on my brake issue. I experienced the brake fail again on my way home that day in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Luckily the BRAKE light comes on first to allow you to prepare for the stop. I restarted the truck to fix it for the remainder of the drive. When I got home, I noticed that my fluid was low. It was just below the lip where the reservoir narrows in the middle between MAX and MIN. So, it was no where close to MIN yet, but still low. I topped it off with DOT4 and haven't had an issue for the remainder of the week. I'm driving to Philly tonight, so I guess I'll be getting a larger sample size for this data.

Anyway, after doing a lot of reading here, I'm wondering if there might be a system design flaw where any one of the following problems can cause this brake system failure: low fluid, bad booster, bad delta stroke sensor, or bad hub sensor.

Stock 2007 LE 4x4 Red Brawn
285k+ miles
Issues: exhaust manifold leak, loose tailpipe, leaky front diff, front right wheel bearing, dead compressor
post #330 of 330 Old 08-22-2015, 11:11 AM
sommer237
SHIFT_Lurker

sommer237 is on a distinguished road
You need to have the computer scanned for the code and go from there. By the way here is the fix for the rear hatch lock. https://youtu.be/6sjqoSk875Y

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode