Cruise control malfunction - Page 13 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #121 of 130 Old 05-14-2014, 01:47 PM
sixty8camaro
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
sixty8camaro is on a distinguished road
I would think the spiral cable is still your problem. There are actually two cables in the switch assembly. One is for the ABS system and the other appears to be for steering wheel controls. Yours just happens to be showing the symptoms of one of them failing but not the other.

The new part does slip in place with the clip in place and there is not much risk of accidentally rotating the part after installed. You just remove the clip and re-install the steering wheel (making sure it is properly aligned).

Again, you may have to have the steering angle sensor re-calibrated after replacing this part. If so, check with a local alignment shop to see if that is part of their alignment process (it should be if they have modern alignment equipment).

I took a look at the switch assembly again the other day and I don't think I'd want to try to disassemble and correctly reassemble the spiral cable from the back of the switch assembly. It would be MUCH easier just to buy the full unit from Nissan and save yourself a headache.

Good luck to you! I will be replacing my brakes with Powerstop's one-click Extreme Truck and Tow kit in the next few days. I'll try to remember to take some pictures and post any feedback from that swap on here later.

2008 LE 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 130 Old 05-14-2014, 02:08 PM
steveg_nh
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
steveg_nh is on a distinguished road
Oh no, I absolutely would replace the whole unit. I'm guessing this will fix my audio and cruise control issues.

What's the steering angle sensor? Why would that be impacted by replacing the spiral cable, if the alignment isn't messed up?

2008 Armada SE 4x4 w/Leather, Comfort & Conv. Package, M&D DVD System, Rancho Suspension
post #123 of 130 Old 05-14-2014, 09:00 PM
sixty8camaro
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
sixty8camaro is on a distinguished road
The steering angle sensor is also part of the switch assembly. I didn't move my steering wheel more than half a degree while swapping out the switch assembly, but I still needed to have that reset to make the VDC and Slip lights go away. I needed an alignment anyway since the Nissan dealership had not performed it correctly when I had them do it a few months before. So, no big deal for me, but I wanted you to be aware of it before you dig into the project. Especially since it doesn't sound like that light is on for you at this point.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2008 LE 4x4

post #124 of 130 Old 05-14-2014, 10:27 PM
steveg_nh
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
steveg_nh is on a distinguished road
Thanks. But sounds like it cab be reset by a shop that can do a modern alignment...

2008 Armada SE 4x4 w/Leather, Comfort & Conv. Package, M&D DVD System, Rancho Suspension
post #125 of 130 Old 09-22-2014, 04:55 PM
jreese_27
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jreese_27 is on a distinguished road
I have a 2008 armada Le with the same problem. Don't know what she wrong.
post #126 of 130 Old 12-29-2014, 03:43 AM
Iodonzs
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Iodonzs is on a distinguished road
I have the same problem with the cruise control in my 06 LE.
Also, my audio controls partially work. Specifically the switches that adjust volume and preset selection/CD track selection. What doesn't work is when the switches are pushed 'up'. Down works fine.

Switches at fault?
Spiral Cable at fault?

Mike.

If I had all the money I've spent on cars.... I'd spend it on cars!
post #127 of 130 Old 04-22-2016, 10:33 PM
T1971
SHIFT_Lurker

T1971 is on a distinguished road
More than likely it's the clock spring. I had the same issue the radio controls on the left side of the steering wheel and the horn stopped working. I had big V's auto repair shop in Clearwater replace it for half the cost that the Nissan dealership quoted. Big V's you are the best. Thank you
post #128 of 130 Old 05-03-2016, 01:44 PM
nhxj4x4
SHIFT_Lurker

nhxj4x4 is on a distinguished road
Hey guys,

Long time reader, 1st time posted.

06 QX56, about 103K.

I just replaced the ASCD sensor today, no joy.

I get NO LIGHT ever when pushing on/off on the steering column. Would this be indicative of the switch itself (Nissan 255517S110) or the Spiral Spring? I don't want to have to do this twice and with towing season coming up I don't EVER want to do another 2000mi trip w/o Cruise towing my 29ft TT.

Any advise to get this done once and for all would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Todd
post #129 of 130 Old 05-27-2016, 01:09 PM
Abutalib
SHIFT_Lurker

Abutalib is on a distinguished road
For me i had the same problem then i found that the brake stop switch( in armada there are 2 at the top of brake pedal)the above one was loosein its place when i tighten it the cruise control worked again and set light stoped flashing
post #130 of 130 Old 06-14-2016, 07:13 PM
Fawaz
SHIFT_Lurker

Fawaz is on a distinguished road
I have a problem with cancel button for cruise modual. It came after replacing sprial for airbag driver modual. Cruise and set are working properly both, but i can not cancel from the button press so i have to press the break padel or turning off cruise. Any advice pls?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode