Rear Hatch lock actuator problems - Page 9 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #81 of 85 Old 03-28-2016, 01:29 AM
dkocse
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dkocse is on a distinguished road
One is for the hatch to open... The other is for the hatch window to open. I'm not sure which is which without going back in and looking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 85 Old 05-08-2016, 08:54 PM
KidHaulin
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
KidHaulin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by notbostrom View Post
What does the cable on the right do? Mine is missing. Everything seems to work fine though???

The one on the right (pink clip is on the right) is for the hatch. On the left is for the hatch glass.

Just did this repair today. Used a 5/64" drill bit for the hole for the straw. Didn't bother taping the hole, as there isn't any appreciable dirt in the area and there are other openings in that box, as evidenced when I overfilled it with spray.
post #83 of 85 Old 05-09-2016, 01:46 AM
siontis
SHIFT_Lurker

siontis is on a distinguished road
Ok guy I too was having the same problem, no matter what I did the problem continues. It sucks when your locked out of the truck especially when it is full of grocery as one said. Ok later on the doorwould not stay closed. i found the bolts that holds the striker (section that lift gate locks into was loosed, got that all tightened up after come major hassle and now the doors rumbles like it is not closed properly. More problems now.

post #84 of 85 Old 05-10-2016, 07:39 AM
KidHaulin
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
KidHaulin is on a distinguished road
Is the door fully latched? Put your hand under the bottom of the hatch and give a wiggle. It shouldn't rattle. If it does, it's not fully latched. For me, that meant the latch needed to be adjusted at the door sill, the metal loop that the hatch grabs on to. When I had it too far toward the front of the truck, the hatch couldn't get to the second latch position unless I really slammed the hatch.

Trial and error on adjusting that loop.
post #85 of 85 Old 08-29-2016, 08:27 PM
BonusCup
SHIFT_Lurker

BonusCup is on a distinguished road
Hi,

Bringing this back to the top. We got my wife a 2010 Titanium last year without a power lift gate and I had to do the DIY fix. I've had to do this fix 3-4 times now and am willing to just bite the bullet and get a new actuator. Does anyone have a source to get a replacement actuator at or below dealer cost? TIA.

Rick

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode