Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

What did you do to your Armada today?

29K views 53 replies 26 participants last post by  Ninethreeninety 
#1 ·
Just curious to know what the Armada brethren are up to as far as mods, upgrades, or any other maintenance accomplished throughout the day!

Today I got my Viper alarm/remote start and tint redone (no more flakey areas)...also installed brand new optima yellow top after my oem battery died suddenly

#2 ·
Ordered the IAT Reaper chip (cajunbpipes.com). Ordered Wagner Thermo-quiet Ceramic Disc Brake Pads for front and rear because they have a $30 cash back rebate running til May 31; will end up costing me $50 total for all pads (Amazon.com). Ordered new Power Steering hose and clamps to replace the leaking one that runs from the reservoir to the rack.

Next week will machine rotors, install pads, flush brake system and replace with fresh brake fluid. Install new power steering hose and clamps; flush power steering system and add all new fluid.

The mada is running like a top with 125k HARD miles on it. I drive it like I stole it daily, and it has yet to let me down.

#3 ·
Which Viper did you get installed?

Going to call local shop to see what my options are with our '15 Mada. Hoping for a small 2 way remote and she can keep her inteligent key/features. Had ice on the windshield this morning, wife wants remote start back ASAP! Garage is full of crap, might be a while until momma can park inside.

#5 · (Edited)
I got my pioneer 7in DVD player installed(bye bye bose), along with Hifonics amp, and (2)12in Memphis power reference subs that were sitting in my garage for over 2yrs....let the bang begin :)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-X4700BS

UPDATE: Upon further review, I found out this deck and others of this series has a beep whenever you push a button...I find it very annoying especially since it's amplified through all speakers WTF! All of my previous pioneer decks would give you the option to turn the beep off, but not this one, pioneer has really dropped the ball on this one so buyer beware. So it's back to the car audio shop in the morning for me!

#7 ·
There weren't any changes made to the stock key fob, it is still functional if you need it, but I had a key chain full of fobs(multiple vehicles), so to limit weight on key cylinder I took my stock fobs off. The laws in NC are a little steep on that one bro, and I thought TX had some bad laws on the books geesh!

#8 ·
My wife is from Texas, she hates NC, To many taxes, laws and Snobby people..:pullout:.. She really misses Texas pride only Texans can understand.. Thanks for the Info. Might be keeping an eye out on the Viper for the 2015 when its up and going.

#10 · (Edited)
I added a separated transmission cooler (Amazon $35) this morning, to disable Nissan's engine coolant/transmission fluid auto-mixing feature.

Takes 30 minutes to move the transmission cooling lines from the bottom of the radiator to the new trans cooler, but it was a little hard to locate the new cooler. I eventually figured a way to mount it behind the front bumper lower air intake.

Works great.

Everyone approaching 100K miles should to do this mod ASAP. It's the cheapest and best way to avoid the old 100-110K mile $4,000 transmission replacement. I'm protecting my second transmission. :crying:

#11 ·
I added more mods to my pile of pending mods. Lol. Picked up a PML pan from Burtman, Amsoil ATF, going to pick up new worm clamps for the radiator hoses.... and picked up an extra set of practice headlights to retro. Oh and told a titan to stay away from my color scheme. Hahaha

#12 · (Edited)
Added clearance lights

Today I added clearance lights to turn my front luggage rack into a light bar. Amazon, $25 for 8 LEDs.

Attachments

#16 ·
First time driving since I've installed grounding kit, and I swear by the night and day difference....better idle, tranny shifts, and starting! Hopefully I can get better MPGs as well....not bad for a DIY from scratch for $33 vs spending $100 for the stillen kit

#19 · (Edited)
Added a carbon fiber hood today. The wrap makes it 30 pounds lighter.

Attachments

#20 ·
Haven't done it yet but just ordered the iSimple ISFM23 Bluetooth adapter for my 2011. Going to power it from the rear "cigarette lighter" under the storage box and connect to the RCA' on the DVD player. Got it on Amazon for $70 including tax and shipping. It doesn't integrate with the radio controls but it was a nice low cost solution.

#24 ·
The ride is awesome, just like a flying carpet!

I did some road testing (not towing) and the handling is awesome. I did some aggressive turning and maneuvering and feels pretty stable. Im very happy with the set up.

I spent around $600 for the whole kit (airbagit kit + suncore gas shocks)

It took me less than 2 hrs to replace both shocks and bags ( I do have air tools though). Bags just fit right in even with the 2" lift because they are deflated. So they are very easy to put in place.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#30 ·
Sure thing. I just google Airbagit armada tow kit

http://www.airbagit.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=TOWKIT-NISSAN

Thats the link to the mobile site.

I did hook it up to my OEM compressor, they include all fittings there but they are push-in and at 20psi+ they start losing air so I actually replaced them with home depot brass compression fittings. They are golden. These bags can be up to 100 psi so the other fittings definitely not cutting it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#31 ·
I bought my Armada today.

My second one is a 2012 SL with Charcoal over black leather.

On 7/31/15, my first one, a 2004 LE, was whacked in the right rear tire, t-boned farther back. Body damage was minimal, she got all tire. Everything from the cradle to the grave was bent underneath and it was totaled out.

Hot and humid day here in Jersey so the first thing I checked was the A/C performance :D

#33 ·
Not today, but this weekend. Loaded up the War Rig w/ the family (wife, two 4 year olds) to Birmingham for a race. Man she tows well. Wish the mileage were slightly better, but I'll happily trade that for the extra capability.

This doesn't include 'personal' stuff (helmet & gear bags, clothes for the family, etc etc). She's got a big ol' booty :D:

#34 ·
Installed front and rear drilled and slotted rotors ceramic pads and 1 rear caliper damn she stops great now lol. Been playing with my superchip cortex tunner. Put in a k&n cold air intake. (Taken place in the last 2 weeks) this weekend taking a trip to get a cat back duals borla exhaust that's never been installed!!!!! Then work my butt of to make the money back lmao

#35 ·
Added some steering wheel control covers from ebay. Steering wheel looks new again, yay!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.