Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

2017 Armada Reviews

8K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  SGreenlyn 
#1 ·
Hello! New member here. I have been researching the 2017 Armada since it was released. I have an Infiniti QX60. I have been in love with the Infiniti QX80 but not of the price tag. So many negative reviews on the Armada. I need feedback from actual owners of the new Armada. Help please!!

#2 ·
Go test drive one. It's the best way. Most of the negative reviews are about the outdated tech or copycat of the patrol and qx80 which are older platforms. The problem with these reviews is they're not doing apples to apples comparison to the competition. The new armada is a beast. I'm in the middle of a 2,000 mile cross country trip and it's a solid ride with power and grace. Getting about 18mpg going between 80 and 90 mph on freeway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Couldn't agree more. The technology for me is fine for what I need it to be as what I really need is a good handling, great riding full sizer that could tow both my trailers with ease. Hooked onto the 34 footer and brought it home last weekend. No problem.

The ride quality, handling and capability is unmatched at the moment in the full size segment and at its price tag. It's the full size bargain by a large margin. Seats 4 adults comfortably, which most full sizer's, including the larger Yukon XL and Suburban, cannot match. Leg room in the larger GM products is horrible for adults in the second row if the front seats are adjusted fully to the rear. Who cares if you have more room in the 3rd row if the second row is cramped?

The Armada is not for everyone but I am impressed 2 months into ownership with 5K miles on it. There may be a must have option you are looking for on the Infinity, GMC/Cadillac, Mercedes or even Toyota full sizer's but they will all cost you more and come up short in other ways. I evaluated all of them before purchasing the Armada.

#5 ·
Hello again! Still researching the Armada. Anyone lease the new Armada? I have not found any good lease deals. The lease rate factor is so high. It is cheaper to purchase which I find very odd. I have leased 2 Inifiniti QX60 with lower lease payments with the same MSRP between Armada and Infiniti.

#11 ·
Update to my post on 6-28-17. We took our first real trip in our new '17 4WD Armada that excluded my short 5-15mi inner-city trips that were yielding me 12 MPG. Our round-trip vacation took us 775 miles round-trip with 99.9% all open interstate highway driving doing exactly the speed limit (love the adaptive/intelligent cruise control). We had right at 4K miles on the odometer so engine break-in should be complete. Additionally, the recent transmission software update (TSB NTB17-016b) had been previously installed. At the end of the trip, I showed a overall gas mileage performance of 20.6 MPG. I'm reasonably happy with this result and pleased that it slightly exceeds with the 19 MPG advertised highway performance. I did not experience any noticeable transmission jumping others have reported (pre-TSB software update). As a data point, my daughter took the same trip with us driving her '16 Nissan Pathfinder and her lead-footed driving yielded her right at 30 MPG which also slightly exceeded Nissan's advertised gas mileage.

Love my Armada! Still a happy owner!

#10 · (Edited)
I have 6500 miles on mine now with the majority of that being highway miles. While the truck reports a 17mpg overall average, I am actually getting about 15mpg average on trips. Not sure how the computer is tracking mileage but it's reporting higher than actual as I have done some long trips towing with it (averaging 10mpg or less on those) and would assume my average should be lower than what the truck currently reports. Mine is a 4WD version and the trans has acted normally since I bought it so I have not inquired about the service bulletin.

Just want to qualify. I did not buy the vehicle for fuel economy. I tow with this and quite a bit of that will be in winter conditions where 4WD will also be a necessity. Not a nice to have option. My previous Yukon XL's did no better in the mileage department than this vehicle does so I really don't care.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.