Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Removing Inside Door Panels

15K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Jasontamu 
#1 ·
Did a search but didn't find the answer. Is there a how to, or any advice on removing the inside door panels?

#2 · (Edited)
It's pretty easy. You just popoff the armrest, the screw cover behind the pull handle, the long cover on the handle, and I think that's it. Remove the 4 (I think) screws and just carefully pull it off. You can pickup a few extra plastic pop rivets just in case if you want but i didn't damage any when I pulled both of my doors off.

You'll also want to have a step stool or a bucket handy to set it down on once it's off so that the step stool can support it while you disconnect the electrical harnesses.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/armada-parts-ta60-2004-2010/genuine-nissan-parts/body-side-rear/809-front-door-trimming/-c-1063_1064_1197_1208.html

#3 ·
There are actually 5 screws that you need to remove. 2 behind the cover piece on the door handle. 1 under the arm rest, to get to it you just pull up real hard on the armrest, it has 3 fasteners on the back side. Then remove the small square cover piece under your door handle. Remove that screw, then pop off the other cover piece under the door handle and you will see the final screw. Then grab the door at the bottom and pull. You then need to unplug your various switches and you are good to go. I have taken mine off probably 5 times in the last two weeks while working on my mirror upgrade. Will take you roughly 5 minutes to remove the first time. Very easy to do.

#4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the help my friends. It wasn't hard after reading your instructions. It took me about 10 minutes per door. I replaced my door handle assemblies with the QX56 champaign color ones, and the wood trim door pulls too, to match my QX center finish panel.

Patience pays off waiting for the parts to become available at the right price.
;)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.