Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

How to reset the TPMS

173K views 38 replies 29 participants last post by  bodacious 
#1 ·
Hey guys i just put new TPMS on my truck anyone know how to reset them?

#34 · (Edited)
3 of 4 TPMS sensors on my Armada are dead at 200K, and I have no idea which tire is still reading out.

Rather than continue to rebuild the semi-useless factory system, I bought a TPMS system from Amazon ($60) and it works great. It only takes a few minutes to install, it works by replacing the valve stem caps with ones that integrate wireless pressure sensors, plus a cigarette lighter gauge.

It has audible warnings that are programmable and it reads pressures by tire position. Readings match my tire pressures exactly, plus I can see the psi changes in real time as outside air temperature changes, etc. There is also an internal high air temperature warning. Very happy with it.

Photos...

Attachments

#35 ·
I don't see the white wire under my 2nd Gen Armada (2018 Platinum Reserve) there seems to be a white plug that is mounted near the OBD port but it has multiple wires and pins on it. Would just disconnecting the battery do the reset? Does anyone with a newer Armada have a procedure for the TPMS reset that works?

I just tried to reset the battery and it looks like it got the TPMS light to flash but it did not work for me. When it went solid I still did not get any pressures displayed on my display. I checked the tire pressures afterwards and they were up a bit, but that is probably due to the tires warming up. How close do the pressures have to be to the ones posted? I probably will try it again but on a warmer day. Its freezing today here and I don't feel like freezing my fingers again today.

#36 ·
I just tried to reset the battery and it looks like it got the TPMS light to flash but it did not work for me. When it went solid I still did not get any pressures displayed on my display. I checked the tire pressures afterwards and they were up a bit, but that is probably dude to the tires warming up. How close do the pressures have to be to the ones posted? I probably will try it again but on a warmer day. Its freezing today here and I don't feel like freezing my fingers again today.
Were you driving when you checked to see if the pressures were displaying? You won't see anything but ** if you haven't been moving for a mile or so (perhaps longer if it's really cold outside).

Reactions: marctronixx
#37 ·
Yeah I went for a drive, the light was initially flashing and then went solid. Thats when I checked the pressures and they all showed blanks.

The dealer where I bought the car has now told me that they would program my TPMS sensors for free for the winter tires so I think I'll take them up on the offer.

#39 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have an '06 without the read out for the pressure for each tire, just the tire icon. The icon flashes and goes solid every time, does that mean I have a bad sensor? How do you know if you have a bad sensor? How do you know which one is bad?

Took the truck to BJ's tire center and they said the TPMS system needed to be reset, all good, light off, no charge. A few days ago, the light came back on. Different guy said the TPMS sensors were good, maybe its the one in the spare. He put 4lbs of air in the spare and said if that doesn't work, it could be the part under the hood (receiver?).
Has anyone ever replaced that part? '06 Armada

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.