Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Rancho RS9000XL Install bushings

7K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  n8dogg 
#1 ·
I ordered the Rancho RS9000XL RS999113 to replace the rear shocks on my 2006 Infinity QX56 thinking it was a direct swap. The shock mount is much narrower and the bolt doesn't fit through the sleeves that came with the shocks. Is there a bushing kit or other parts that I need to make these shocks work or did I order the wrong ones?

#2 ·
When I ordered the ranch rear spring spacers the box came with two rubber bushings and two metel sleves for the shocks. I kept them even if I did not order the rancho shocks. I am using them in my fox shocks but still the metal sleve are a millimeter to long but it is the correct size for the stock bolt. Working on my other truck now so when I get around to shaving the sleve I'll post

#4 ·
Thats strange because I've had the RS999113 since late '12 when I gutted out the OE air leveling suspension. I had purchased it from AutoAnything because the RS999113 was the recommended shock for our trucks, lifted up to 1.75in.
I didn't have to modify anything, bolted right on.

Its likely Rancho changed specs?

#5 ·
Its likely Rancho changed specs?

I'm not sure if they changed the specs on the RS999113. The OEM shock mount bolt would not fit through the sleeve that came with it. With a different bushing and sleeve the shock would fit.

The tec recommended RS999306 which I ordered. He said the RS999306 would work up to 4" of lift.

With the shocks being wrong, and having to replace a lower arm bushing that was destroyed when installing the moog springs, this job has been a lot more of hassle than what I anticipated.

The difference the moog springs made was worth it even with the old air shocks. I'll get the Ranshos installed next week.

#6 ·
I just installed the Rancho RS999306's on my 07 Armada SE. I had to use a small punch to help get the sleeve inside two of the four brackets (lower bracket on one, top bracket on the other). One the other two ends the shock sleeve went right into place. The metal on those brackets is not very thick and I think they can get compressed when tightened down.

As for the shocks themselves, they've made a HUGE difference in the overall ride of the truck. All of that dreaded body roll after hitting bumps at high speed is gone and the ride at low to mid speeds is much smoother. I set them at level 5 for now and will try them like this for awhile and see how they do.

Reactions: QX56Owner
#9 ·
Assuming your QX setup is the same as the Armada, no adapter needed. You'll need new springs though...the old ones are too soft to work without the assistance of the air shocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.