Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Greyed Out Features on Navigation While Driving

11K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Campfamily 
#1 ·
I know certain items become unavailable on the Armada navigation system as soon as you start driving for safety purposes, but hey when I'm sitting in the passenger seat and really have time to adjust some of the items on the navigation system or perhaps need to put an address I can't because it's greyed out. My significant other goes on a cussathon every time this happens and tells me he hates this car and is ready to drive it off of a cliff. I have to admit it is kind of stupid, I mean I understand why they do it for safety reasons but it's not like the person driving is the only person that uses the navigation system. There has to be a way to disable this feature so that the Armada doesn't know that you're really moving. Navigation is intended to be a convenience feature not a nuisance that forces you to get off of the road that you need to be on, so that you can stop to input the address. What a pain! Has anyone had any luck disabling this? I love the armada but I don't like this feature.

#2 ·
these companies have to think of the lowest common denominator when they make these types of decisions.

in the audio/video section there is a "2008 display mod" thread. there are a couple of off the shelf (radio shack) parts you can get to disable this via a switch. cost in parts is less than 20 bucks.

you can get someone to make it for you if you are not inclined to do so

or you can go online and get a plug in module at about 300 ish dollars.

#7 ·
My BMW doesn't do it. All features available when you're stopped are also available when you're moving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.