Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Newbie here still learning need some help

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  drgaonfire 
#1 ·
Ok so I wanna do some small upgrades

I have an 04 LE
1. I see that the HID headlight swap is cool anyone help me with/understand this?
2. What is the LED light "kit" that everyone is swapping in there brake lights turn signals?

3. Oh and is the 04 the black sheep of mada's cause I'm noticing that everything is for an 05 and up.

Is there some stuff I can swap in place of my factory 04 stuff from a newer model?
4. Does my 04 have a harness to put the factory Nav in?

Over all just looking for some neat little things that I can appreciate that my wife won't care that I'm doing without going crazy on it.

Thanks and I will keep looking for these threads myself also

#2 ·
HID kits can be bought online for relatively cheap. Pretty simple to install as most are plug n' play. Just order the correct bulb size for the Armada (9006), and the kelvin temp (color) you want. I recommend 4.5k -6k if you want white. The higher the kelvin temp the less light output, also changes the color to blue / purple. Ideally, you should retro fit projectors into your headlight housing.

Not sure what LED kits people are using for brake lights. I think most are changing out the reverse bulbs. Checkout v-LEDs.

Not worth trying to wire or find the factory navigation parts. You can however buy the factory nav bezel and retro fit an aftermarket screen or tablet. I have a glass garmin nuvi with bluetooth to my obd2 port to pull vehicle stats. Mine sits where the factory nav goes.

2004 was the first year which limits aftermarket tuners.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#5 ·
Yep lol I'm not afraid of forums lol nor branching out. Made some good contacts so far and always looking for more. Got my air box mod done and like it so far. Going to drop a k&n in there soon hopefully. Lol

Got a question for you guys seen this on cl locally was wanting to know some more info on it as I think this might be what I need to hook the ipad up the the mada for my daughter? ! Pics would help also

iPod connection for Nissan/Infiniti -
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/4479694918.html

via cPro Craigslist App
Android: http://bit.ly/CL_android
iOS: http://bit.ly/CL_iOS

#6 ·
Legit accessories also has a SUPER BRIGHT reverse light and a bunch of other led light packages and HID packages.
Suspension wise there have not been any changes to the Armada so any suspension upgrades that will work on a 05 and up Armada will work on an 04.

I would check out KMDColo's suggestion about retroing an aftermarket nav in. It'll prolly be easier to keep the maps updated on also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
Im also new to the forum. Been reading posts for a while though. My goto place. I put 6k hids in the stock headlight assym. Pretty bright. I also went with led reverse lights and interior lighting. Im going to order jba headers and cajun bpipes. Well pretty much their stage 3 performance package.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.