Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

30K maintenace worth it from dealership?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  marctronixx 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 Platnuim Armada and i am at 31K miles and wanting to know if getting the 30K premium maintenance is worth it at my local dealership. my dealership is charging about $425.

I want my armada to last me as long as without having any major malfuction so is the 30K maintenance worth it from the dealership?

I have not bought an extended warranty either and still contemplating if I should get one as well.

Thanks for any input.

#2 ·
I just had my 2010 in at 31400 for the premium maintenance, everything checked out and as far as fluid changes, Service Manager told me everything checked fine yet (the fluids used now days are designed for longer life) Would suggest checking all again at 45000. They did do a complete brake flush due to the color of the brake fluid, oil change, cabin filter,etc. Also did a front end alignment as it was off. (Noticed the difference immediately on the road.) Complete service cost me $444.00. Brake linings checked good, will re-evaluate with next oil change.

I also have not purchased an extended warranty. Came close last summer (factory warranty was up in June) but, @ $2200.00 for an 8 year warranty, I decided I'd take my chances. I do keep up with regular maintenance on my Armada. I haven't had an extended warranty on any of my last three vehicles. Purely a matter of choice. Other guys here on CA have had them and were thankful for the coverage as it paid for itself. I don't do any towing or serious off roading, so, I figure I'm pretty safe.

#3 ·
My personal recomendation.., ditch the "premium maintenance" and get the extended service agreement (extended warranty). More often than not, when you take your vehicle to the shop for any service, they are going to give you a multi point inspection at no charge to you anyway, at least they do at both my local dealerships. It's an opportunity to to make more money when they notice things that can be corrected.

The reason I recomend the extended service agreement is these things are roll'n computers anymore these days.., computers glitch! And sometimes badly! DW car has had one computer replaced already and then the replacement glitched shortly after. Nissan wasn't to pleased with that. They wanted a full diag run while they monitored it from Nissan in Japan. Just reciently the motor mount tore on her car, covered.., no charge to me. The extended service doesn't cover absolutely everything but all major electronic and mechanical components are pretty much taken care of. Soft seals, hinges and rattles, you are on your own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.