Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Big Brake kit with a 4 or 6 piston caliper?

8K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  bsljacques 
#1 ·
Anyone make a Big Brake Kit for stock 18" wheels that will have a 4 or 6 piston Caliper? I'm looking for something that will not need to be modded much...direct fit would be great! I know I can only put a 14" rotor in the stock wheels that I have and I am good with that...not looking for wheel change at the moment. Just bigger and better brakes overall.........looks will be nice too!!

#3 ·
Not for Armada/Titan though... for 2012 anyway :(

#4 ·
I really like those...but can't seem to find a template to make sure they fit behind my wheels. Think 15" rotors are too big for the stock 18's on my ride. I know 14" should fit.

#7 ·
I'm not certain but I think the spindles are all the same which means the same calipers could mount to all models. Somebody not properly maintaining a website carries about as much weight as an empty milk jug does with me.

#8 ·
I spoke to Todd at TCE Performance today and I am going with the 6 piston Aero series for the front of the Mada. Going to upgrade to the 350mm stock rotor size of the 2008 models from my 320mm stock rotor size of the 2004-2007 models. Should make quite a difference in braking and not to mention the coolness factor!!! Think I will go with the Red calipers!

#9 ·
TCE hooked me up and I have a set of 6 piston Aero6's in Red coming my way....ready to match up to the 2008 Frozen Rotor kit for my 2006 small hubs. Now I will have some brakes!!! Just need to figure out a nice cover for the rear brakes that I can make for looks to match the sweet front ones!

#10 ·
Nice. Can't wait for the install/pics.

Now that the front brake calipers will be a 6 piston caliper, theoretically the rear brakes should be upgraded in some way. With the increased braking torque up front, it can cause the rear to lock up. You might want to look into using a brake proportioning valve to help out the rear calipers.

#11 ·
Wilwood Aero6 in Red!!

Here is a pic of the calipers! It will be about 3 weeks before I get them as they are doing a run on the radial mount for the Titan/Armada line.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.