Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

New guy in So Cal

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Invanity 
#1 ·
Well as the title says, I'm the proud owner of a 2012 Armada SV. Picked it up last night from the dealer. I pull a Jayco Jayflight 29RLDS trailer, I had a Chevy Silverado 1500 with a 5.3 V8 but the weight limit was close so I went out looking for a bigger pick-up and ended up the Armada. Only drove it about 10 miles home and will get miles on it today. I have to get the trailer brake control installed today, leaving on a camping Tuesday. I read the owners manual on everything I buy but some things are easier explained by another person than from book so I'm sure I will have some questions in the upcoming day.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome, Joe. Lots of us here towing with our Armada, you made a good choice; the Armada will tow so much better than your Silverado did. What type of hitch are you using?

Also, I seem to remember that Nissan recommended against towing for the 1st 1000 miles until break-in was complete. You might take a look in your owners manual and see if that recommendation is still there.

Pictures of your new truck with your trailer required!!!!!

Keith

#3 ·
Welcome to club armada Joe and congratulations on your new Purchase!! :D

#4 ·
Welcome to the club joe!

#8 ·
well I just got back back from my first trip with my new Armada towing my 2012 Jayco 29 RLDS trailer. Only went 90 miles each way to Chula Vista RV resort, great place to go, lots to do.
http://www.chulavistarv.com/
The Armada performed great. The book says to avoids towing for 500 miles I cheated and had a bout 350 on it when I took off but I took it easy. Got about 9 MPG, but I didn't buy it for gas mileage so I can't complain. One thing I noticed that it sure put out the brake dust on the front wheels, they were almost black, never had a vehicle that had that much dust. My Grand Cherokee had chrome wheels and I never had any brake dust from it.

Attachments

#9 ·
Love the white colour.. it looks really nice. :D

#10 ·
Welcome to the club.

#11 ·
Welcome to the Club!!

#13 ·
Congrats and welcome to the Club!

Be sure to participate in the Ride of the Month (ROTM) threads!

#14 ·
Welcome to the forum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.