Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern California
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Clicking noise from firewall
We just returned a few hours ago from a camping trip with our trailer to Mammoth Lakes. After unloading the trailer at home, we went to put it back in storage. When I started the Armada, we heard a clicking noise coming from the firewall area, perhaps behind the dash board. The clicking went for about 10 seconds, then quit. I shut off the engine, restarted, and it repeated. I looked under the hood and couldn't see anything strange. But, every time we start the truck, the clicking noise occurs. It clicks exactly 22 times, starting about 2 seconds after the engine starts. All of the vent controls work, so I don't think it is one one of the vent actuators inside the dash. Any ideas out there?
- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 15 Ford Focus Electric (commuter car)
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 70,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s
"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author