Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Onki Full Stainless Brush Guard

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Invanity 
#1 ·
Just installed my brush guard. This was really the only one I could find that was 100% polished without any rubber on it.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
nice looking one. Where does it attach to? Hard to see in the pictures.

#5 ·
CHRISLEDUC1,

The steel/chrome looks great on your vehicle, great job!
You mentioned other brush guards, can you post the links for or name them? With my paint, I'd prefer to go with a dark metal finish or completely black.

Thanks in advance!

#7 · (Edited)
legit_balla,

Two reasons I can think of immediately for a brush guard beyond "looks":

For me (and most people I know), a brush guard services the purpose of deflecting downward or away small undergrowth (tall weeds/grass & small bushes) to protect your vehicle's paint, headlights, and any other components you've mounted. Even tree branches have a habit of "smacking" into your vehicle and cracking or breaking things.

For most people that strictly use their vehicles on streets, highways, and well maintained roads, there still is the issue of deer, elk, and other animals crossing in front of you. While 35-40 MPH doesn't seem like much, these bodies have a way of damaging or destroying your vehicles front end. Front mounted "deflector" systems can also keep the large object from coming over your hood and smashing into (or thru) your windshield). At the least, it can protect your radiator from being cracked or punctured. While you will not get away without some damage either way, at least you are not stranded with a vehicle that cannot operate.

Just my thoughts...

#8 ·
looking good man

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.