Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

New To Forums Need advice on 04-06 Armada vs Qx56

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Masteryodi 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I'm new to the forums. I'm searching for a used 04-06 Armada or Qx56. My old 99 Montero Sport has 288k miles and in need of repairs. She's sitting in the yard and I have actually gotten offers from ppl to buy her.

My question is I have found a 04 Qx56 (no 4x4) Clean Carfax (i purchased it), well maintained service record, late 40's couple 1 owner vehicle, 90k miles, clifford alarm system and all for 12k even in Florida. I have found other Qx56's but some have wayyyy too many miles on it like 160-189k.

I have found Similar 04-07 Armada's for around 9-14k most with 80-100k miles.
My thing is besides the Q56 above, is it really worth it to get a Q56 over a Armada? Are general parts the same for both?

Other information: I do not plan on towing anything, driving in the snow ( I live in South GA), Do not like 4wd vehicles ( had one before that was alot of headache to get fixed) and 16k is my budget.

In advance thank you!!!

#2 ·
Based on your requirements, service record, and previous owners, it sounds like a good fit for you.

Welcome to the club.

#4 ·
qx

i agree you got a good purchase. you'll love these suv's. drive train and engine is pretty much the same between the two. interior (more luxury) and exterior (lighting and panels) are only the main difference. ohh and dont forget the main difference the 40K infiniti emblem. But for 12k and low mileage thats sweet deal.

Masteryodi, I think we are in the same area. I am to here in South GA. i live in St. Marys. If you ever need any tips or mechanical help let me know. Ive had my Armada since 2004 and pretty much all maintenance has been done by me. There are things to watch out for like transmission lines especially. Make sure you get the clamps replaced. Good luck with your new toy.

#8 ·
Well its not just the brake rotors/pads thats the problem. The brake booster tends to just fail for no reason without warning and the brake pedal drops to the floor. The booster will reset and work fine after you turn the truck off and turn it back on. It'll drive fine for maybe a couple of weeks then the problem comes back. Its becoming a common issue.

#9 ·
I know there are plenty of folks on these forums with 04 Armadas and Qs that have not had significant problems, but I personally would stay away from the 2004 and 2005 model year. The reliability on those two years was signficantly worse than later years. 2004 was the first year for these trucks, and Nissan didn't get all the bugs worked out before they came to market. I bought a 2004, and ended up lemon lawing it. I now have a 2006, and have 82K miles on it. A few minor problems, but overall, very satisfied. I'm thinking for your budget, you should have no trouble finding a later model (perhaps even a 2008 or so) Armada with similar miles without much trouble; take a look at Carmax for a quick idea of what is out there, then subtract 2-3K for a private buy. Remember, before 2011, the Q and the Armada were essentially the same vehicle, the only changes being a nicer interior, a few luxury features, and different front and rear styling.

Keith

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.